Do you own your own airplane? Wacha got?

John Baker

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
John Baker
Or if your planning on taking advantage of the depressed market, what do you want to buy?

Mine is a nice 1978 Warrior, I'm really proud of her, at my age this is probably it.

profilepic5297_1.gif

John

1974 Cherokee 140, with a 160hp engine.

Nope...wish I owned my own. I would like to pick up a Mooney M20J or newer and or a Baron 58 would also be nice !

Or if your planning on taking advantage of the depressed market, what do you want to buy?

Want to buy? This:

78080419.jpg

That'd be a de-iced Turbo Twin Comanche. :yes:

Or this nice little Super Swift:

955a.jpg

Gonna buy? Well, I'd love to take advantage of the depressed market, but it has also severely depressed my income. :frown2:

Last edited:
Sort of . . . I own a 1/10th share of a 1976 Warrior (150hp). It's actually cheaper than renting (at least for me) :yikes:

Attachments

• 100_1199.JPG
    100_1199.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
I have a 1982 P-Baron. Purchased it 3 1/2 years ago with a partner. My first plane was a Turbonormalized A-36. The Baron is pressurized; known ice and air conditioned. This was the plane I ultimately wanted to own and I was lucky enough to be able to get it at the ripe young age of 57.

Best,

Dave

Ideally?
A Legend Cub.
Sips fuel, can takeoff or land almost anywhere, Sport Pilot eligible, two doors for outstanding visiblity in the summer, enough room for my wife and I and whatever we need to travel.

Those look like fun airplanes. i was stopped at an airport north of Fort Wayne IN when returning from OSH 2007. A fellow who said he was importing and selling them stopped there. I has sticks instead of a yoke.

Well, not exactly but...

A gentlemen at my drome has a Cherokee 180 that he doesn't fly but maybe 6 hours a year. As such, I pay a portion of the hanger and insurance. After that it's just $20/hour dry. I use the plane as my own and same big $ over rentals.

All mx, repairs and upgrades (430W) are done and paid for by the owner as he is an A&P IA. I've been in this "partnership" for about 2.5 years now and couldn't be happier.

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 35
A 2008 AMD Zodiac XLi with lots of goodies in the panel. S-LSA, 172 performance, 150 fuel burn, any A&P can work on it. Link to pictures in my signature.

We (my wife -- also a pilot -- Mary, and I) own a 1974 Piper Pathfinder that we call "Atlas" (cuz he can lift anything with his 1460 pound useful load), and we're partners in a 1948 Ercoupe we call "Sweetie", (cuz she's so tiny and dainty, but flies so sweet!)

:cheerswine:

75 Warrior, 160hp. Can't afford it, but can't afford not to have it either. Love that plane.

I knew from a very early age that I would one day own. You can see mine here:

No regrets. :D

Does an R/C Piper Super Cub count? I bet I can do things with it you can't do in yours. :D

1982 Bowers Fly Baby homebuilt...I'm the fourth owner, I bought it in 1996.

landing.jpg

Ron Wanttaja

1978 Grumman AA5B Tiger. No good pics on my computer though.

Here's mine. :) Thanks again to Bill Suffa for that photo at the end. :)

Attachments

• The Citabria.wmv
    7.2 MB · Views: 43
1/2 of a 1943 Taylorcraft L2-M and all of a 1960 Cessna 180

[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• L-2 Calendar.jpg
    L-2 Calendar.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 40
  • All shined up.jpg
    All shined up.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
1964 beechcraft A23. It is ours, all ours! And it has taken us coast to coast!

Attachments

• 2-017 Sitting Pretty at Alpine.JPG
    2-017 Sitting Pretty at Alpine.JPG
    515.7 KB · Views: 36
1966 Cherokee 180. Not the best looker, but it flies fine.

I have yet to see shiny paint and fancy interiors have any effect on the ability of the wings to provide lift. :)

I was going to post a picture of my plane but can't figure out how to get it into this little box :)

I have yet to see shiny paint and fancy interiors have any effect on the ability of the wings to provide lift. :)

Yeah, but some people think that looking good in the shower isn't all bad either. :p

1980 Piper Cherokee Warrior.

the take off picture was up at 6Y9 and was taken by Jesse if I am not mistaken. I use it as my computer wall paper.

Attachments

• n8116b_6y9-taking-off.JPG
    n8116b_6y9-taking-off.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0747.JPG
    IMG_0747.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 55
1980 172RG. Would like a Six seater, Single Engine, Turbo normalized, FIKI just don't want to pay for it. :smilewinkgrin:

1980 172RG. Would like a Six seater, Single Engine, Turbo normalized, FIKI just don't want to pay for it. :smilewinkgrin:

So you also want a maintenance hog? Yes, P210, I'm looking at you. ;)

Did and going to again, but not a certified airplane this time. I don't fly for business and most of the family lives within a two hour drive. So the justification of owning the 172 was no longer valid. If I need to fly to Oklahoma to see the wife's family, I'll rent. I am purchasing a single seat experimental to fly around close to home. (Kelly calls it my play toy) Even though the price to purchase has gone down, the cost of ownership has not. I probably wont buy another XC airplane until I retire.

My trusty steed for the past 6 years:
1976 Rockwell Commander 114, IO-540 with recently installed smoke kit.
Laying smoke with another Commander(I'm on left) and solo down the runway at T82 last September.

Attachments

• N116RC-1.jpg
    N116RC-1.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 45
  • N116RC-4.jpg
    N116RC-4.jpg
    722.7 KB · Views: 57
  • T82 LHMiesch-RHWalker.jpeg
    T82 LHMiesch-RHWalker.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 52
  • T82_Smoke_On.jpeg
    T82_Smoke_On.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 56
Smoke kit on a Commander - too funny.

Bet it does wonders for your "smiles per gallon" rating.

I don't own. I'd like a CH750 on amphib floats and an Arion Lightning. (www.lightning.net)

But I'd be happy with a P-Ponk 182.

Back