Do You Like Coleslaw

Oh that's a good idea. I've never had that combo! Now I have a craving for fried oysters.

I like coleslaw. I used to make it a lot when I was a fireman years ago.

When I was in law school, they were planning a new building and deciding whom to name it after. I kept hoping they'd find some famous judge or other historical figure name "Cole."

Last edited:
View attachment 42852 View attachment 42853
attachment.php

Well lookie here.

attachment.php

TWO KINDS OF COLE SLAW!! Mustard Slaw (red looking stuff) Habanero Slaw (yellow looking stuff) yeah it looks counter intuitive, but there is no mistaking which is the habanero. And.....Brisket!

Okay...

It was a dark and dreary, rainy night when... Wait a minute. No, it was daytime. And not even dreary. Coolish with a few puffy clouds, but bright sunlight. I was seated at the wooden bar counter in anticipation. Was it a setup? Was this person really an Asian chick dressed in a green coat? Or was that code for something? Was the CIA out to bilk information out of me by plying me with two of my biggest weaknesses, both at the same time?

I displayed a sock. It was the code signal for "I am your contact." The solid built young man wearing the pink Hello Kitty backpack looked with keen interest. What am I getting into, I thought to myself.

Then I checked my secret decoder ring. Except it wasn't a ring. I was a square thing and it had a picture the front of the place. What could this possibly mean?

She was standing outside.

Standing outside! I rushed towards the front of the place, violently shoving customers out of the way, and found her, standing under a lamp pole. It was so... Bogesque. If that's a word. Well it is now.

Wow I thought. Damn. A real, actual Asian chick. Not a unicorn. Not Butch Leathers dressed in a speedo. Not Will Smith dressed in an immaculate black suit. We ordered. She had the pulled pork. I countered with the brisket. She anted a potato salad. I raised a cole slaw. I could already see she had me beat.

The next several hours was a mirage of frenzied, passionate partaking. When I woke up, the plate was empty, save a lone, small biscuit. Thank god, I ate the right thing. Brisket, not biscuit. As I rode off in the distance, I mentally formulated my report back to headquarters. I would tell them that the BBQ there was certainly something the West Coast could be proud of. The side portions were decent. The brisket was tender and juicy. I won't lie, I won't say it is the very best brisket I've ever had, but it is certainly within the top ten percent. That tells me it earns an A.

Damn, that habernero cole slaw is calling...

There was a place in San Francisco that had not one, but TWO kinds of Cole Slaw! And I even enjoyed Cole Slaw and BBQ with POA Member @Everskyward !

Well darn it, you will have to click on 'view attachments' to see the pictures.

There was a place in San Francisco that had not one, but TWO kinds of Cole Slaw! And I even enjoyed Cole Slaw and BBQ with POA Member @Everskyward !

Well darn it, you will have to click on 'view attachments' to see the pictures.
Also, it was a casualty of COVID, or the doom loop...

Yes, it's an easy, inexpensive side dish. Fairly healthy, when made with small amount of mayo. Just a small drop of vinegar, splenda, and celery salt. :)

Back