do you guys get CallBack

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
some are beyond funny!

"■ Enroute … I started to perform my required “Weekly Checks” Checklist, going through item by item. The checklist calls for the weekly fire-test; the first item is to pull both fire handles. As I pulled them I noticed a sudden loss of performance on both engines."

omg, I thought they were done!

"As I continued to troubleshoot, I noticed that my right foot was pressing on the copilot left rudder pedal instead of the pilot right rudder pedal."

more!

"On the takeoff roll, after calling out, “Thrust set,” I scanned the EICAS engine indications, and then I fixated on the altimeter, confusing it with the airspeed indicator. "

This isn't, by any chance, the April 1 Callback, is it?

exactly! I had the same thought.
The last one was extremely experienced Airbus pilots forgot to raise the gear while distracted. Can't throw stones at that one.

some are beyond funny!

"■ Enroute … I started to perform my required “Weekly Checks” Checklist, going through item by item. The checklist calls for the weekly fire-test; the first item is to pull both fire handles. As I pulled them I noticed a sudden loss of performance on both engines."

That's awesome.

I read through those today too. The "weekly check" guy seemed intent on making it all someone's fault.

Wow. Time to apply my new phrase for certain things at work:

"That is a level of dumb that gives 110%!"

I read it and was amazed at some of the items listed. Well, maybe 'amazed' is too strong, but it was amusing reading. I hope never to make similar mistakes, but give me time... :D

I read it and was amazed at some of the items listed. Well, maybe 'amazed' is too strong, but it was amusing reading. I hope never to make similar mistakes, but give me time... :D

I too read these to see how mistakes are born and how they can be detected and hopefully avoided.

Someone smart once said "Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself".

What's with the malware/tracking link??

This is an example of a good one: http://asrs.arc.nasa.gov/publications/callback/cb_427.html

In this one, they present a scenario and let you (the reader) ponder it so that you can decide what you would do on your own. And then they reveal the actions taken by the captains. Makes you think in risk management terms.

The r20 link that you posted. It is a tracking/malware site link.
The real link goes directly to nasa.gov. Yours takes a detour. :)
The link was from the CallBack email I got. I don't really care where it goes before that.

It takes me right to the page, no warnings (and I do get warnings if it is a bad site).
I wonder if your sensors are dialed too high?

The r20 link that you posted. It is a tracking/malware site link.
The real link goes directly to nasa.gov. Yours takes a detour. :)

r20.constantcontact.com

Constant Contact does track who opens their emails, but the site is legit. A LOT of organizations use them.

Back