Do You Fly Tiny Planes?

I fly a tiny airplane,and I'm proud of it.

That skyhawk is what 2400 pounds at gross?

The small regional jets such as the ERJ and CRJ are around 40,000 pounds at gross. So yeah, we fly tiny airplanes.

Actually, 2550 lbs, so just a smidge above tiny.

I love that the author contacted the FAA to most likely confirm the absurdity of landing such a teeny tiny plane at O'Hare. They came back and said Cessnas land there all the time.

Its amazing what's passed off as news these days...

I just posted on his Twitter feed:

@Dodgerman "Airplane lands at Airport" is news how?

We'll see what he says.

I see the rabbit and looks like approach lights are high intensity or close to it, does ORD do this on VFR nights or was that for our entertainment?

O'Hare turns on the approach lighting systems for the arrival runways during nighttime conditions (both VMC/IMC). The departure runways and all the other runways not in use just have the edge lighting & centerline lighting illuminated.

For the most part, it's to prevent runway incursions and aircraft from landing on the wrong runways since we're now in a parallel runway configuration at the airport when 10C-28C opened last October.

Does this count as a tiny plane?

Attachments

• Tiny Plane.jpg
    Tiny Plane.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 64
Could He fly this to O'Hare?
Seriously how is this thing stable at all?

Cri Cri is weird.
I have had bigger RC planes.

AIRPLANE LANDS AT AIRPORT!!!!

FILM AT 11, TUNE IN TO SEE THIS AMAZING FOOTAGE!!!

My name is DHF65 and I fly tiny planes.

There are no Cri Cri's for sale on tradeaplane
Sux, I could skip the hangar costs and just keep it in the back of the car.

Ask any hundred non-pilots on the street which of the following is a photograph of an "airport"; guess what they'll say.

A:

IMG_0816.JPG

B:

IMG_0303.jpg

There are no Cri Cri's for sale on tradeaplane
Sux, I could skip the hangar costs and just keep it in the back of the car.

You won't find many/any Cri-Cris in the US. The designer and plans guy got in a legal tussle with a stupid American and he refuses to sell plans in the US now. One could get the plans from overseas and have it shipped, or get a Cri-Cri in yerrup and have it sent over, but I think the last Cri-Cri went down a year ago and there might be one left over here somewhere.

You won't find many/any Cri-Cris in the US. The designer and plans guy got in a legal tussle with a stupid American and he refuses to sell plans in the US now. One could get the plans from overseas and have it shipped, or get a Cri-Cri in yerrup and have it sent over, but I think the last Cri-Cri went down a year ago and there might be one left over here somewhere.

There was a Cri-Cri that used to come to the FlyBQ at KLOM that Adam organizes. It looked like it had two lawn mower engines. Interesting plane, although I would probably NOT fly one.

There was a Cri-Cri that used to come to the FlyBQ at KLOM that Adam organizes. It looked like it had two lawn mower engines. Interesting plane, although I would probably NOT fly one.

Lawn mower engines???? Well - I never heard the like!

They are weed whacker engines as everyone knows... :rofl:

muuuaahahhahahahaaaaaa!

You should see the twin turbine Cri-Cri. Now that one I would fly!

The Midget Mustang was pretty tiny lol, me, a cat, and a backpack and that plane was full.

I'm surprised this made news. I've landed at KEWR a couple times and ATC wasn't shocked at the request.

I'd also bet quite a few angle flight missions have landed there in similar equipment.

Those Cessnas are huge. My aircraft weighs 8 lbs and fits in a backpack.

Ya know the Boeing 737 is nicknamed "Guppy" because it's so small?

Back