do these play nicely together?

DKirkpatrick

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
DKirkpatrick
Hello,
looking at a garmin gnx375 for installation in a C-172. Will this unit cross-feed information and display on a Garmin MX200? That display looks pretty small...
thanks alot
dan

Do you already have the GMX200? If so, it can be driven with just about any reasonable GPS. If you don't already have the GMX200 (or a good cheap deal on one), I'd not bother with that relic. While it isn't quite as bad as the MX20 it replaced, it's still an ancient Windows NT 4 system that barely has changed ni the last decade.

Thanks for the reply. No, I don't have one... fly with a buddy that has a 430 tied to an MX20 and it works ok. It nicely displays the approach information and airplane position during the approach which I like. I know I can do this on the iPad, but I just like it all in the panel. I've done some homework... and the new Garmin stuf gets really hard for a techno deficient flyer to understand... I'm just looking for bigger display, and tied together with the 375.

Thanks for the reply. No, I don't have one... fly with a buddy that has a 430 tied to an MX20 and it works ok. It nicely displays the approach information and airplane position during the approach which I like. I know I can do this on the iPad, but I just like it all in the panel. I've done some homework... and the new Garmin stuf gets really hard for a techno deficient flyer to understand... I'm just looking for bigger display, and tied together with the 375.

If that's what you're trying to do, the Aera 660 or 760 might be worth investigating as an option.

The MX20 crashes (runs out of memory) when the NEXRAD downloads get too detailed.

If that's what you're trying to do, the Aera 660 or 760 might be worth investigating as an option.
:yeahthat:

The GNX375 can be wired to the aera 660 and 760 and speak the same language (MapMX) that it would to a MX20/GMX200. As such, an aera 660/760 can do pretty much everything a MX20/GMX200 can. An iPad can connect via wireless to the GNX375 but can't be wired, and therefore does not understand the same language (MapMX). Thus, there are some things the iPad cannot do that the 660/760/MX20/MX200 can do.

www.airgizmos.com makes docks for the aera 660 and 760 so that you can put it in your panel.

Yes. Flew w it yesterday. It works well with the 430W for displaying position for RNAV approaches... but I've experienced the same thing... crash whenever it has to display alot of color anything... it tries, then crashes. I think it's like depending on a computer that was built in the 80's...
I've heard the MX200 works slightly better but not much...
thanks for your help
dan

I'd sell the MX* to someone who needs parts and get an iPad or Aera...

sounds like a good idea. there's a company out there that makes a beautiful behind the panel, flush mount on the panel... on youtube... really nice and makes the ipad seem like a great option.

The newer Garmin navigators paired with the Aera navigators are an awesome combo and can be done for a relatively low price. I've had it in two aircraft now and still love it! Since they basically use the same O/S, it's quick and easy to get the information you are after.

IMG_0619.jpg

Back