Do registrations Expire ?

I believe I stated that back in Post #8 ??

Again, for a 2nd time, my comment was to the statement "the registration numbers on both documents (Reg/AWC) must match: Yes. Part 91.

For those who may be following: if the AWC, Aircraft Registration, and the aircraft itself do not have the same N number, then the aircraft can not be operated under Part 91. There is a 10 day grace period to update the AWC for those who change their registration number (N number) and remark their aircraft.

Then what I've said is true, you can sign off an inspection with two not in agreement.
And you have 90 days to operate the aircraft on the pink slip of the request for transfer of ownership. (registration)

Then what I've said is true,
I always enjoy when you tweak the answers for your benefit.

But no, you did not mention signing an inspection in the original reply. Good edit. You simply stated "not true" on the documents not matching. Signing inspections has nothing to do with either document.

I always enjoy when you tweak the answers for your benefit.

But no, you did not mention signing an inspection in the original reply. Good edit. You simply stated "not true" on the documents not matching. Signing inspections has nothing to do with either document.
The statement about the inspections was in response to this:

An aircraft has to be on the FAA registry to hold a valid FAA airworthiness certificate. The registration numbers on both documents must match. Can't signoff an annual inspection as airworthy without those to documents being up to date and valid.
If you can't follow the thread creep ????

Yes really, A&P certificate apply to US registered aircraft only, and not all of them either.
Want to work on a foreign countries aircraft and return it to service on your own name and number, best get permission from that country.

Canadian AME's have limited privileges on US registered aircraft.

Canadian AME's have limited privileges on US registered aircraft.
And vice versa by reciprocal agreement, not by certificate.

this is ALMOST verbatim the reciprocal of what we can do on C- aircraft.

Minor maintenance, no major repairs, no annual or progressive inspections.

Last edited:
Back