Do I keep going?

Well this thread has suddenly became mute. I flew yesterday and when we were done after 2 hours. I was going to talk to him but he left for few minutes and came back and got me. We filled out the application on IACRA! So Its checkride time. Only bad thing is hes leaving for osh kosh on wed so ill have wait till hes back to take it. I asked him was it normal to take so long and the reply was "yes when you go too long between flights". So im almost done, thanks for replys and encouragement.

If you have the IACRA "paperwork" (electronic work) DONE, then you could take the check ride right now as long as your CFI has also endorsed your logbook properly. Why don't you get on the stick and push this along? Get him to endorse your logbook and finish the IACRA page if there is anything to finish and take your check ride -- otherwise you're going to be in for a dry spell re: continuity of your proficiency. Even your CFI told you you were taking too long between lessons.

I hope everything works out for you. Good luck on the check ride!!!!:yes:

:confused: Why would you have to wait for him to return? You're signed off, the CFI's part is completed.
Yea. All you need to do is take the test. Maybe the CFI wants to be present when he takes the check ride

They are no longer allowed to be present at the exam, so no real benefit to them.
Or, maybe the DPE is somewhere else that's too far away for a blanket sign-off for that field. That was the case for my PPL checkride.

What I'm wondering is, what is the CFI doing at OSH this early in the month? Maybe he's involved in the show? :dunno:

They are no longer allowed to be present at the exam, so no real benefit to them.
What I meant by present is maybe his CFI wants to be at the flight school while he takes his ride and when he comes back

What I meant by present is maybe his CFI wants to be at the flight school while he takes his ride and when he comes back

I would think the needs of the student would take precedence over the instructors desires.:dunno:

No he has to be there because its his plane. Hes flying to osh kosh so i wont have a plane to take the test in. I really don't want to try learn a different plane till after the check ride. Well let me be more precise, i just need the plane not him.

No he has to be there because its his plane. Hes flying to osh kosh so i wont have a plane to take the test in. I really don't want to try learn a different plane till after the check ride. Well let me be more precise, i just need the plane not him.

Either way, it's good to have the instructor nearby. Should you bust an area on the practical, it's possible to go up, get resigned, and do the retest same day if dpe is willing.

Back