Disturbed

asechrest

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
asechrest
Different sort of post for me. For the uninitiated, Disturbed is a heavy metal band, with lead singer David Draiman. I was a loyal fan during my rebellious days, and still appreciate them. They've done a cover of Simon and Garfunkel's Sound of Silence. While Simon and Garfunkel came to prominence before my time, I like their music, and I own Bridge Over Troubled Water.

This is not the typical style for Disturbed. But I found this to be a really impressive and powerful cover. Even my mid-60s year old mother enjoyed it. Thought I'd share.

Been my favorite band since high school. I used to blast it when working in the dish room.

Great cover.. and a great band.

Never heard of Disturbed, but I enjoyed the cover. I'm much closer to your mom's age and remember the S&G version from Jr. High.

Neat to get some comments on this one. Glad you guys like it, and good to see some fans.

OK, that rocks. Thanks for stretching my brain a little, tonight,

I only like a couple of Disturbed songs, but this was great! Thanks for sharing

Got Ten Thousand Fists in my car. Land of Confusion rocks!

I like their music a lot but that guy rubs me the wrong way at live performances.
He takes himself way too seriously to the point of taking away from the music.

They are a great band with a lot of hits. They have figured out the combination for sure.

I listened to it; quite moving. I had some thoughts but if I expressed them here I'd be silenced. :wink2:

I like the band and their style but this song just went right out the window. I am not into crying stuff, god made me a man, not chick. :)
Do they still tour?

Thanks for posting this. I actually like it! Well done! But I sampled some other youtube videos and don't like it! But that happens in music.

David

THey also did a cover of Genesys's Land of Confusion.

I found this one the other day and really liked it. Added it to my work playlist.

Land of Confusion is another one of their's I've always liked.

I like the band and their style but this song just went right out the window. I am not into crying stuff, god made me a man, not chick. :)
Do they still tour?

Yes, they tour. Did you cry after listening? :wink2: I thought it was emotional and powerful, but not tear-inducing.

Autotune....

At least for the Sound of Silence.

I long ago learned to appreciate an album in all it's well (or not well) produced glory. I grew up playing music (orchestral and jazz), so I do make a separate judgement about whether the person or group has the ability to perform live in the same capacity. The answer is often no, and sometimes hell no. And that makes it more impressive to find a group with the talent to do it live.

Right now my favorite popular group that has real singing talent is Pentatonix.

Different sort of post for me. For the uninitiated, Disturbed is a heavy metal band, with lead singer David Draiman. I was a loyal fan during my rebellious days, and still appreciate them. They've done a cover of Simon and Garfunkel's Sound of Silence. While Simon and Garfunkel came to prominence before my time, I like their music, and I own Bridge Over Troubled Water.

This is not the typical style for Disturbed. But I found this to be a really impressive and powerful cover. Even my mid-60s year old mother enjoyed it. Thought I'd share.

Reviving this thread cause I like this version of the song but I just found a new version just as good recommended by youtube. Check it out:

I like Disturbed. But I hate this song. I think its sounds like crap myself. When it comes on the radio, its one of the few times I'll switch the station. I really dont like it.

Reviving this thread cause I like this version of the song but I just found a new version just as good recommended by youtube. Check it out:

I think I like the Disturbed version better than the Touch of Class version, although I find them similar in approach. I think it's because the Disturbed guy doesn't have quite as raspy a voice as the Touch of Class guy. Sorry, I don't know who these singers are. Interesting that this song has become popular again. I remember it from about Jr. High School age.

I am normally not a hard rock fan but Volbeat and Disturbed dominate most of my Wakeboarding playlist when out on the boat.

That is a great cover...Land of Confusion is also one of my all time favorites

Pushing 46, I like the video and music too. Thanks.

Anyone else a fan of Gold Rush on Discovery Channel?

Another guy with a shaved head, and the same style as Disturbed and Touch of Class. I think I may like this cover the best of the three. I can't stand the one by the Dickies.

Back