Disney Channel Looking for Female Pilots Ages 5-16

DJTorrente

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
DJTorrente
Linda Meeks posted this on her Girls With Wings FB page this morning:

Received the following message: "For an upcoming episode, we are looking for young girls between the ages of 5-16 in North America, who are active pilots and dream big. I am reaching out to you because I really like what your organization is doing and I want to know if you can recommend any girls to be featured on our Disney Channel show." Does anyone have any leads?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GirlsWithWings/permalink/10153234420372896/

Follow the link if interested.

What happened to that 13 year old girl on YouTube who soloed? She's probably too old these days.

Oh, wait, get that Canadian father with the young child who loved doing loops.

How can someone be an active pilot without even having a student certificate or medical? (I'm purposefully ignoring gliders)

Now paging Jessica Dubrof.......

Please pick us the white customer service phone....:redface:....:sad:

How can someone be an active pilot without even having a student certificate or medical? (I'm purposefully ignoring gliders)
They get in an airplane on a regular basis and act as the sole manipulator even if they can't log it?

Geoff "Not an active pilot per the FAA" Thorpe

They get in an airplane on a regular basis and act as the sole manipulator even if they can't log it?

Geoff "Not an active pilot per the FAA" Thorpe

You log PIC as sport though. No one under age 16 is any sort of pilot - gliders/balloons excluded.

Don't be so hyper-critical, the post didn't say certified Pilot. They're obviously looking for a girl who aspires to be a pilot.

Don't be so hyper-critical, the post didn't say certified Pilot. They're obviously looking for a girl who aspires to be a pilot.
Or who won't have any problem "acting" like she's flying an airplane.

In the FB post I read it said "active pilot"

here is one reply:
"Do you have contact information - my 15 year old is in the process of logging hours towards her pilot's license with the big dream of being a US Navy aviator"

If I "aspire" to go to space, does that make me an astronaut? Or "aspire" to be a brain surgeon, or...

No. it doesn't. It means you want to do those things. They stated that they are looking for kids who "dream big". :dunno:

"...active pilots AND dream big...", not OR dream big.

"...active pilots AND dream big...", not OR dream big.

What is your beef?

It's pretty obvious what they're looking for. A kid who flies and "dreams big" (wants to be a pilot).

Save the pedantia.

What is your beef?

It's pretty obvious what they're looking for. A kid who flies and "dreams big" (wants to be a pilot).

Save the pedantia.

My beef is laziness/ignorance on the part of people who get paid to write for a living. And if it was obvious then there wouldn't be any room for misinterpretation.

My beef is laziness/ignorance on the part of people who get paid to write for a living. And if it was obvious then there wouldn't be any room for misinterpretation.

As far as I can tell, their only crime against humanity is not knowing that you have to be at least 17 to hold a private pilot certificate. :D

When I was single, I was always looking for a female pilot age 18-21.....:rolleyes2:

Linda Meeks posted this on her Girls With Wings FB page this morning:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GirlsWithWings/permalink/10153234420372896/

Follow the link if interested.

This is trouble in the making...:lol: Truly I hope they do it and do something wonderful, but I feel a **** storm brewing from this... The Mommy Lobby will be all kerfuffle between empowering little girls and having them in those dangerous little airplanes. Regardless any other lobby including the Federal Reserve, the Mommy Lobby overpowers them all because the Mommy Lobby controls the Vagina, and that supercedes economics interests.

Last edited:
I'm looking for female pilots aged 18-25....

How old do you need to be to apply for a medical/student pilot cert?

How old do you need to be to apply for a medical/student pilot cert?
There is no minimum age for a medical.

The minimum age for a student pilot certificate is 16 (airplane)

There is no minimum age to log training time received from an authorized instructor.

Ah, I knew you had to be 16 to solo, but wasn't aware that the student pilot cert would be withheld also.

I don't see any of that. I see people making unwarranted ASSumptions in order to make it appear that the author said something she didn't. I know several active pilots who are too young for certificates. A good friend, who's now been a certificated pilot for many years, had more than 20 hours of dial in helicopters before high school. So it seems to boil down to what you consider an active pilot and whether that means certificated/solo/student. And you even had to deliberately ignore several categories in order to make your point.

I don't see any of that. I see people making unwarranted ASSumptions in order to make it appear that the author said something she didn't. I know several active pilots who are too young for certificates. A good friend, who's now been a certificated pilot for many years, had more than 20 hours of dial in helicopters before high school. So it seems to boil down to what you consider an active pilot and whether that means certificated/solo/student. And you even had to deliberately ignore several categories in order to make your point.

To paraphrase my Drivers Ed instructor - just because you manipulated the controls does not make one a pilot. If you aren't a pilot, how can you possibly be an ACTIVE pilot.

I've taken out stitches, does that make me an active surgeon?

To paraphrase my Drivers Ed instructor - just because you manipulated the controls does not make one a pilot. If you aren't a pilot, how can you possibly be an ACTIVE pilot.

Quick, call fisher price and get a list of "active" "pilots" :rofl::rofl::rofl:

If your cat has kittens in the oven, it doesn't make them biscuits. But if you fly a plane, you are a pilot (at least according to the professionals who say what words mean and such):

pilot

noun

: a person who flies an airplane, helicopter, etc.

: a person who steers or guides a ship into and out of a port or in dangerous waters

: a single television show that is made as a test to see if a television series based on the show would be popular and successful

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pilot

No. That is not a sufficient condition to make you a surgeon.

surgeon

noun

: a doctor who performs operations that involve cutting into someone's body in order to repair or remove damaged or diseased parts : a doctor who performs surgery

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/surgeon

No. That is not a sufficient condition to make you a surgeon.

Well I've done that. I guess I am a surgeon. Who knew. Guess I can tell everyone I'm an active surgeon.

And we can always pick and choose defintions of "pilot"

From M-W:
Full Definition of PILOT

c : a person who flies or is qualified to fly an aircraft or spacecraft

I suppose we could define qualifications as well, luckily the FARs do that for us. And we know what those say.

Last edited:
If you need a gov't license to be a pilot does that mean those hood rats without pistol permits are not armed?:lol:

Back