Discovery Flight Done!!! I'm HOOKED!!!!

motospeed9058

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
rhall9058
OMG!!!, :goofy:that was unreal. Finally having a short and small possibility to see in action all the items that I've been reading and studying was very gratifying. All I can say is that they got me, hook, line, AND SINKER!!!! :yikes:

Can't wait to call and schedule the first actual lesson. Not sure how much of it was just blowing my head up to get more money, but as I felt more and more comfortable doing what the CFI asked, she continually said how great I was doing. She even mentioned that there were some things I was doing better than some of her students with several hours already logged.

I felt very comfortable and when I took the controls, thanks to the videos, research, reading that I have done, and of course those of you on this forum, I was very confident and operated everything as well as I expected for a beginner. Now it's just time to get this show on the road. :yes:

Rock and roll!

Advice from the peanut gallery: plan a schedule of lessons frequent enough that you don't lose much between lessons; it will be more fun and less frustrating that way, plus it will cost you less money.

Keep us in the loop as you learn!

OMG!!!, :goofy:that was unreal. Finally having a short and small possibility to see in action all the items that I've been reading and studying was very gratifying. All I can say is that they got me, hook, line, AND SINKER!!!! :yikes:

Can't wait to call and schedule the first actual lesson. Not sure how much of it was just blowing my head up to get more money, but as I felt more and more comfortable doing what the CFI asked, she continually said how great I was doing. She even mentioned that there were some things I was doing better than some of her students with several hours already logged.

I felt very comfortable and when I took the controls, thanks to the videos, research, reading that I have done, and of course those of you on this forum, I was very confident and operated everything as well as I expected for a beginner. Now it's just time to get this show on the road. :yes:

I wouldn't read any "blowing smoke" into what the CFI said. I've flown with a lot of people for their first plane rides, and I usually let them fly for a bit. You can tel pretty easily who got "it" and who will take some teaching to get "it." If your CFI told you that you were doing very well, you most certainly were.

WELCOME TO AVIATION. Some day, when you're broke and jonesing for an airplane to fly - any airplane will do, gotta get your fix, you'll remember this flight fondly as the day you decided to change your life forever.

Can't wait to hear more about your flying as you start to take lessons.

Congrats! Looked like a nice day for it when I was at FDK this morning.

Congratulations - my intro flight was so great it actually kept me going all the way through my cert with a completely different school.

Nothing more thrilling, except perhaps the first solo cross country, and first flight as a private pilot.

I am still on that "high" and my first flight as a private pilot was yesterday morning. It was even better than I imagined.

Good luck in your training, sounds like you are way far ahead of most. On my intro flight I had never even seen a small airplane before, let alone been inside one. Your preparation has put you in a great position.

Kimberly

Hey , if you think you are hooked, i plan to fly to Oshkosh next year ,
Take a look at my face book oshkosh 2012 Ofer tour group
Ofer.

Welcome to Aviation. Enjoy the ride and pay no attention to the increasing lack of available funds. :D

Sucker!! The trap is complete....... :D

Enjoy the training. It will get difficult, it will get frustrating, but it is very rewarding.

As another said, plan lessons on a schedule and more often is better. Once per week is good, twice per week is better. Beg, borrow, and steal money........ But just have it sitting there so you can finish. You don't want to have to take a couple months off to build up funds.

Have fun!

Sucker!! The trap is complete....... :D

complete? not yet. Not until the OP buys an airplane. Then the downfall will be complete.

to the OP: congrats and ENJOY.

As noted above, welcome to the addiction. My wife still doesn't understand it, but she's happy to ride along and avoid a long car ride. Of course, this is just the beginning. You'll get your private cert, then you'll realize after a while that you really need your instrument rating to get more use out of the plane. Then you'll decide you need your commercial or multi-engine rating. Then seaplanes? Gliders? You see where this is going? Abandon hope, all ye who enter! :D

As noted above, welcome to the addiction. My wife still doesn't understand it, but she's happy to ride along and avoid a long car ride. Of course, this is just the beginning. You'll get your private cert, then you'll realize after a while that you really need your instrument rating to get more use out of the plane. Then you'll decide you need your commercial or multi-engine rating. Then seaplanes? Gliders? You see where this is going? Abandon hope, all ye who enter! :D

I don't know about all that........although you are partially correct. The end goal is for the IFR and Multi-Engine, although the wife doesn't know about those two yet. :rofl:

I don't know about all that........although you are partially correct. The end goal is for the IFR and Multi-Engine, although the wife doesn't know about those two yet. :rofl:
Paging Dr. Henning!

Moto; if you'd really want to jump into MEL and IFR without looking back, you need to look at his 310.

Back