Disappointed in Stec and avionics shop

I'm about at the point where I don't even want shops starting the engines. I let the avionics shop do an oil change on the 310, thinking how can you screw up an oil change? Simple, flood the right side Continental and spend 10 minutes burning up my starter trying to make it work. If it fails soon, you can bet I'm going to be pounding on their door about it. The guy claimed the engine was impossible to start. I hopped in and on the second blade turn it fired. Yeah, really hard to start.

That is one of the good things about being self employed, I can pick my customers. I just flat won't work on some people's airplanes.

That is one of the good things about being self employed, I can pick my customers. I just flat won't work on some people's airplanes.

In my experience, the self-employed ones are also the ones who do the best work for the best prices. Consequently, when they screw something up occasionally it's not a big deal. But when a shop consistently screws things up, doesn't meet schedule, and charges top dollar? Yeah, they probably are glad when I stop coming.

In my experience, the self-employed ones are also the ones who do the best work for the best prices. Consequently, when they screw something up occasionally it's not a big deal. But when a shop consistently screws things up, doesn't meet schedule, and charges top dollar? Yeah, they probably are glad when I stop coming.

Mutual satisfaction! :cornut:

Back