Disabling print button on keyboard

Sac Arrow

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Snorting his way across the USA
Windows 7. Okay I have this weird problem, and it's hard to duplicate. As I'm furiously typing on my keyboard, I manage to hit some key, or key sequence, which opens up a print dialog box, and in some cases prints a document. Uncommanded. Unwanted.

And I cannot duplicate this. It is not the Print Screen button. It opens up a print dialog box, plus the print screen button is well out of the way. It is not control+P. That doesn't do it.

IT'S FREAKING ANNOYING and want to disable printing via keyboard shortcuts.

Any ideas?

Cntl P? That will bring up the print box, as well. Not sure how to disable it, however.

Windows 7, lol. Time to upgrade. I've found that the further obsolete you get the more stupid **** stops working.

That's 'big papers' way of getting you. Sorry, there is no combination. It's just a random windows bug designed to torture you.

You should try a Mac. That'll teach you not to have an opinion on what your computer is supposed to do.

It seems that - Windows doesn't have a print shortcut.

But ... windows applications may have. The convention is to use Ctrl P. Ctrl P will only work if an application that understands it has the input focus.

You can probably get a Ctrl P with -
Press and hold Alt, press and release 1 then 6 on the Number pad, release Alt.

What application(s) are you using when this occurs? Check any shortcuts used by the application.

I have never looked at this but I noticed -
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...keyboard-703f897c-ad72-db5d-8e64-0928873d712f

Back