Did everyone survive Thurs PM?

CJones

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
uHaveNoIdea
Got a couple of automated notifications about weather last night. Did it get as bad as anticipated? Saw a note about possible 1-2" hail and then 40mph gust front, etc.

It did not seem to be as intense as what was being forecasted / reported.
That said, I am in Appleton which got hit harder than Osh. We may go out to the airport and find the plane upside down out there.

One observation. This place is significantly more empty. Thur after the airshow, it was a mass exodus. I suspect part of that is normal just because it is near the end and after the Wed rush but I imagine weather alerts played a roll. We were packed in tight, and now I am basically on an empty row.

Watching the live cams during the storm, it just looked like very heavy rain.

We got a few minutes of heavy rain. The red thingy mostly missed the blue thingy.

Not as bad as Thursday morning:

papa.gif

One bright Thursday morning in Oshkosh,
The pilots decided to split,
But they got stuck on the taxiway,
The airport had turned into sh...

Shaving Cream,
Be nice and clean,
Shave every day and you'll always look keen.

Attachments

• IMG_8183.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Thursday morning was a wreck.... If you depart no one for over an hour it will be. Yes, I understand they switched the airport, but you can't just stop departing aircraft. Flight Ops said the line was to the south fence of the south 40. They finally let us start the engine before noon, in line @ 12, took off @ 1:30.

We got a few minutes of heavy rain. The red thingy mostly missed the blue thingy.

View attachment 119453

Shaving Cream,
Be nice and clean,

I’m standing next to my chairman and he just got back from a meeting where just about everyone involved screwed up to some extent.

I’m standing next to my chairman and he just got back from a meeting where just about everyone involved screwed up to some extent.
that’s sop for that type of hairball - I will say flight ops line folks were great, hats off to them.

We got out at 7:30 this morning without issue and not much wait.

I learned something new about my plane. Apparently if you leave it out in the rain you're going to get a shower when you take off the following day

We were about 300 ft in the air when all of the eyeball vents started spewing water at us.

Resized_20230728_102155.jpeg

I learned something new about my plane. Apparently if you leave it out in the rain you're going to get a shower when you take off the following day

We were about 300 ft in the air when all of the eyeball vents started spewing water at us.

View attachment 119465
Did you have any sort of cover on it?

As a person who spent Thursday night in a tent, I feel qualified to say that it sucked. We had a few gallons of water in the tent, and I spent 30 minutes holding it up from the inside.

Enjoying round two as I type this. Not as bad so far.

As a person who spent Thursday night in a tent, I feel qualified to say that it sucked. We had a few gallons of water in the tent, and I spent 30 minutes holding it up from the inside.

Enjoying round two as I type this. Not as bad so far.
I think the worst of it is just hitting now.

View attachment 119465

There’s probably a blocked hose connected to the outside vent that’s supposed to allow it to drain.

View attachment 119453

Shaving Cream,
Be nice and clean,

I was stuck in that conga line trying to park

Did you have any sort of cover on it?
No. Turns out it is supposed to have some type of drain so water will drip out of a belly tube. Mine is likely clogged.
About 4 times during the flight, we stuffed rags in the eyelets and opened them to try and soak up the water.
a couple times a rag would pop out and we would get a blast of water. Weirdest combination of being irritated and laughing.

Back