Denver wind

About two minutes before I read your post our house got slammed by some big gusts here in Arvada… here we go again.

You can bet you ass I-80 in Wyoming will be closed.....

Only after 40-60 semi's flip from the winds...:yikes:

Al least they are warning them ahead of time...:idea:

http://www.wyoroad.info/pls/Browse/WRR.CLOSURES

That will be a mess for trucking traffic, because I believe I-70 through Glenwood Canyon is still closed due to those rockslides… not a whole lot of other routes through the mountains (without an airplane, of course).

That will be a mess for trucking traffic, because I believe I-70 through Glenwood Canyon is still closed due to those rockslides… not a whole lot of other routes through the mountains (without an airplane, of course).

And that will be a E ticket ride for sure....:vomit::vomit::vomit:

15 Gusting to 30 knots at KBJC per the AWOS right now… not as bad as I was expecting thus far.

How are you guys/gals holding up on the front range???

It's up and down. Waiting for the cold front to arrive. It was 73F officially today. Set a record for this date, but not the month. (Month is 77 and was set in the 80s.)

29a0a47e396f2b655487f7984fe02eff.jpg

It ain't got there ..... YET.....

I am getting hammered with 40 /g to 65.... and its snowing.....

Glad I am in the hottub watching NASCAR qualifying...:yes::D

Wife worked a flight in there today and said they held for 40 min trying to get in to DEN...similar issues into SFO...

We headed for KRIL this evening but diverted to KGJT when we heard on the AWOS the winds were 60+ knots with heavy rain. I think we timed it wrong.

Ho hum ... another blustery winter day in Colorado ... hurricane force winds and nobody called out FEMA or declared a disaster or anything... :)

Hey ColoradoKevin - what part of Arvada are you in? I straddle the Golden/Arvada line at 58th and Indiana.

The winds are strong enough here in Monument that my house is actually creaking and groaning. It feels like it's gonna fall down.

Jesus.

Ho hum ... another blustery winter day in Colorado ... hurricane force winds and nobody called out FEMA or declared a disaster or anything... :)

Hey ColoradoKevin - what part of Arvada are you in? I straddle the Golden/Arvada line at 58th and Indiana.

We're about three minutes from you, close to Arvada West High School... 60th and Simms area.

Looks like you sent it to Michigan!! Thanks!! :idea:
We are gusting up to 48kt right now.....

Attachments

• IMG_0240.PNG
    IMG_0240.PNG
    467.8 KB · Views: 9
Windstorms move around the globe similar to how cloud fronts do. This will end up in Europe and Asia eventually.

Anyone want to run the valley between Carson City and Reno, NV right now? :rofl: :no:

Falcon 900 reported wind shear +/- 25 kts below 500 feet coming into 16R. :hairraise:

I'm surprised my fence is still standing right now...

KRNO 200055Z 17022G32KT 10SM SCT060 SCT150 BKN200 10/M03 A2999 RMK AO2 PK WND 17042/0018 SLP152 ACSL DSNT N NE SE CLDS TPG MTNS DSNT SW T01001028
KRNO 192355Z 15023G34KT 10SM SCT060 SCT150 BKN220 11/M04 A2997 RMK AO2 PK WND 15038/2344 WSHFT 2301 SLP141 ACSL DSNT NE-E CLDS TPG MTNS DSNT SW T01061039 10144 20100 51013
KRNO 192321Z 13023G35KT 10SM SCT060 SCT150 BKN220 12/M04 A2997 RMK AO2 PK WND 15038/2303 WSHFT 2301 ACSL DSNT N NE-E CLDS TPG MTNS DSNT SW T01171044

The winds are strong enough here in Monument that my house is actually creaking and groaning. It feels like it's gonna fall down.

Jesus.

Hahahha. Welcome to CO. I guess we hadn't done the wind thing for ya yet. Our house creaks due to wind on a fairly regular basis where we are. I've been avoiding buying anything but a top dollar anemometer with real bearings in it, but I want one. Haha. Put the fun on the Internet. Be the only weather station on Weather Underground for miles. Ha.

Hey Nick, now we have wildfires going for ya! Ha.

And I saw some DUI closed I-25 south of Denver for hours today...

And the rockslide still has I-70 closed through Glenwood Canyon on the western slope.

Yay crazy Colorado! Haha.

The Ft Carson fire is about 1000 acres at last report...but it's down on a training range so really no threat to anything....except everyone has to freak out because its a FIRE, nevermind that Carson's ranges burn frequently (and in the middle of nowhere)

The Ft Carson fire is about 1000 acres at last report...but it's down on a training range so really no threat to anything....except everyone has to freak out because its a FIRE, nevermind that Carson's ranges burn frequently (and in the middle of nowhere)

You see the video of the Sheriff's deputy who thought he'd try to keep a wind-driven fire from crossing a road with his fire extinguisher from his cruiser? LOL... I'm just glad he didn't end up crispy.

Back