Denver area in January?

wsuffa

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bill S.
I will most likely have to be out in the north side of the Denver area in early January. Any of our PoA friends going to be around for dinner or something of that sort if the schedules work out?

How early in January? I am gone the 2nd and the 10th-15th. I actually live SE of Denver but I could drive up there.

How early in January? I am gone the 2nd and the 10th-15th. I actually live SE of Denver but I could drive up there.

Assuming it happens, would arrive on the 5th and depart on the 7th.

Assuming it happens, would arrive on the 5th and depart on the 7th.
Those days look OK to me... so far. I have a trip on the 5th but just in the afternoon.

I should be around ... I live west, work downtown ...

I should be around...

I am going to be in the Dirty "D" during that time also as it turns out. It would be cool to get together and talk flying!

I live north. Let me know, we can have a POA get together!

I also live SE of Denver, but not nearly as SE as Mari.

Superb!

A PoA gathering would be great.

Will know tomorrow about schedule.

I get into DEN on the 5th at about 6:30, will be staying in Boulder. I will be there the night of the 5th and 6th...

Is a dinner still do-able for folks?

I will be at Jeffco (they can't make me say that new name, I refuse) on the 6th.....but as usual I will have 20mins on the ground. :( :(

I would say that either night would be about equal for me.

I'm not going to be anywhere near Denver. :D But just wanted to say I received greetings from Mari who ran into Gene Nora (from Idaho) who was participating in the Air Race Classic last summer. Small world. Does anyone visit Idaho?

So, how about we do Wed. night? Anyone suggest a place to go?

I'll be in Boulder.

Downtown or up towards Boulder is okay for me. I think Mari may have a limit on how far she can roam from APA.

There's a HoffBrau at 88th and Wadsworth that's serviceable and sorta splits the distance between the Peoples Republic of Boulder and Denver.

Downtown or up towards Boulder is okay for me. I think Mari may have a limit on how far she can roam from APA.
Technically an hour from APA so I would say BJC or closer. 88th and Wadsworth would be OK.

Also at 88th and Wads is La Estrellita. They serve pretty good Mex food (the Chile Rellenos are quite good). We might even be able to get Bowman to join us as it is quite near his house.

Alright already 'nough choices. Vote now before we get ourselves into an impossible "group decision" situation.

It would be good if we can lure Bowman out...

I'm leaning towards Mexican over biker-bar Hoffbrau or fru-fru Bar Louie but will go with the majority.

Does Bill have transport?

I would vote La Estrellita just because I know exactly where it is. If John Bowman is in town, I could almost gurantee he would show up if I called him. BTW for those other than DakDriver and me, John is a CFI at Jeffco who is a retired Stearman Pilot on from the Red Barron Air Show Team.

I have a car.

I'm tied up until 5:30 or so... however long it takes to get there is when I'll be there.

Any of the choices are fine with me. No preference.

Of course everyone gets a vote, this is democratic America after all. Of course in this particular case the individual votes are multiplied by the inverse of the distance each voter is from Denver...

I gotta go with Anthony on this one. Altho close to downtown, it's a bit south, and no charge for parking.

The Buckhorn is closer for me than 88th & Wads. Does Bill wanna drive all the way to Denver? I'm easy either way but I doubt we'll get Bowman to journey to the Buckhorn. Of course, Murphey volunteered to handle the reservations...

I've never been to any of the suggested places except for Buckhorn Exchange and that was many years ago. Buckhorn Exchange is definitely the closest for me and pretty unique.

I haven't seen anyone suggest Casa Bonita. :)

Cartman-Casa-Bonita.jpg

Back