Den City

JonH

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
JonH
My idiot instructor keeps telling me I need to know the altitude of Den City. I know the area pretty well and there is no such place.

Is this some kind of inside joke??

The Den City altitude is only important if you're flying to Den City. If you're flying to say, Den Ver in the summer, it's irrelevant.

Your instructor has no idea of what it's like to be good-looking.

Density Altitude, usually related to high temperature making the air thinner as if you are at a higher altitude. It's why even the airlines were cancelling flights in Arizona last week.

I thought the airlines canceled because their performance charts had no info for extreme temps? (no charts = no 'guarantees') Just wondering.

You guys are nice. And sorry, it sounded a lot better when I overheard someone else saying it lol...

I've heard of airlines canceling flights over runway temps, not Den City's Altitude. Okay okay I'm done lol.

I thought the airlines canceled because their performance charts had no info for extreme temps? (no charts = no 'guarantees') Just wondering.
As I understand it, Part 121 operators are not allowed to extrapolate beyond the limits of the printed performance charts. And some types have arbitrary operating limits for temperature; e.g. ISA + 35C for the CRJ, which works out to 118F at KPHX (1,000' MSL). Other types may be ISA + 40C.

(And the Den City joke was funny. :D )

As I understand it, Part 121 operators are not allowed to extrapolate beyond the limits of the printed performance charts. And some types have arbitrary operating limits for temperature; e.g. ISA + 35C for the CRJ, which works out to 118F at KPHX (1,000' MSL). Other types may be ISA + 40C.
Nor are Part 91 or 135 operators of Part 25 (or equivalent) aircraft.

Back