Delta jet (Milan to JFK) damaged in severe weather

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was a kid growing up on the coast, we were all warned that the oceans would rise 6 feet by 2020 due to global warming. Every year I return to the same beach, sit on the same step, for the last 30 years, and am no closer to getting wet than I was before. Had their predictions came true, I should have drowned.

Have we decided if now’s the time we evolve or go extinct?

Sure. Until they start getting cooler.
Sure. Which will likely be centuries after we're all gone. Unless a really big volcano explodes. The climate changes, it always has, and it's on an upward trend. So we need to adapt to it. Not difficult to do.

Increased turbulence, wild thunderstorms, hot runways - flying is about about to become much more dangerous in the next 10 years.

Note how in Europe they are now beginning to name heat waves (Charon) and the snippet about planes that were diverted due to runways that were too hot to land on.

https://www-ilgazzettino-it.transla..._x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp&_x_tr_hist=true
60 years old. I don’t think it’s any hotter now than it was before. For 30 years I’ve been living on the water. The water has not risen in that time. Look at pictures of the Statue of Liberty 100 and some years ago and currently, and again the Expected tidal rise has not happened. Troll someplace else.

Elminating about 7 out of every 8 people will do the trick.
@EdFred for president

Gonna be hard running on a pro death platform. "I can fix some stuff, but I'm gonna have to get rid of about 90% of you"

That's a tough sell, but I believe in the message.

60 years old. I don’t think it’s any hotter now than it was before. For 30 years I’ve been living on the water. The water has not risen in that time. Look at pictures of the Statue of Liberty 100 and some years ago and currently, and again the Expected tidal rise has not happened. Troll someplace else.
Here is some data, instead of your me me me approach to knowledge.

Troll someplace else!

Troll someplace else!
I really don't want to get into this as it's getting into locked territory. But the Colorado River has been carving it's way deeper into the earth for eons. Is it climate change, or is it that we stick cities in the middle of the desert and give millions of people straws to suck out of. Or is it just a natural cyclical event? Honestly I think the answer is all of the above. But I'll leave you with this bit of humor that makes you think about science a bit.

Last edited:

Troll someplace else!
People can write anything. Doesn't mean a thing. I trust my eyes way more than stuff that gets pulled from the internet. As a real science guy, real degrees, I am fully aware of how publications get published and most of it is rubbish generated to get grant money. And lately, not even that good. Mostly paid to push an agenda. I will leave you with this thought, I really don't care if the earth gets warmer plus I don't see how destroying the economy and starving millions helps the situation. Unless, of course the actual goal is to destroy the economy and starve millions.

Last edited:
People can write anything. Doesn't mean a thing. I trust my eyes way more than stuff that gets pulled from the internet. As a real science guy, real degrees, I am fully aware of how publications get published and most of it is rubbish generated to get grant money. And lately, not even that good. Mostly paid to push an agenda. I will leave you with this thought, I really don't care if the earth gets warmer plus I don't see how destroying the economy and starving millions helps the situation. Unless, of course the actual goal is to destroy the economy and starve millions.
Do you have links to your papers?

Does anyone remember being told in the 80s that the next ice age was coming? How about the hole in the ozone layer that was going to kill us all? I don’t doubt that the worlds climate is changing. I just think that we are so minuscule in the grand scheme of things in the world that it’s silly to think we are causing it or that we can stop it.

Does anyone remember being told in the 80s that the next ice age was coming? How about the hole in the ozone layer that was going to kill us all? I don’t doubt that the worlds climate is changing. I just think that we are so minuscule in the grand scheme of things in the world that it’s silly to think we are causing it or that we can stop it.
It was the 70's. That was the media picking up a few papers that were published, they were exciting because those papers were contrary to the predictions made at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back