Defecate then Aviate

cgrab

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
cgrab
The authors of "This is your brain on war," discuss the body's involuntary reactions to stress. One of the things the researchers found was that soldiers often defecate before beginning a patrol. They say it is the body getting rid of the toxins that might get spilled in conflict.

I often take a dump before I fly. I always thought it was because I fly in the morning after breakfast but now I think it might be something more.

What are your experiences? Do you defecate then aviate?

Here's the article: http://taskandpurpose.com/this-is-y...tm_content=tp-facebook&utm_campaign=community

Not for flying.

But I do often clear my bowels before I step into the cage for a professional fight.

I go when nature calls. Hopefully never in a plane! So far so good. :)

Last edited:
pretty sure I'd do it right there in the ring.

On rare occasions some fighters do.

Unfortunately theres not a lot you can do to stop it when your going 100% all out.

Its always in the back of my mind.

The only time i can recall needing a restroom while flying was one time i miscalculated a hole in the clouds and ended up flying through one for about 4 seconds..... i needed a toilet then...lol

I really don't give a crap about this thread.

I honestly have no idea what I do.

I can remember time in ROTC when I would take a dump before going out into the field because it was the last time I'd get the chance for a while. Nothing about toxins or anything like that, just won't see the combination of white porcelain and toilet paper again for a while.

Autointoxication from colonic contents is an OWT. No scientific basis.

I 'lost some weight' before I did my aerobatic training a few years ago.

Another interesting point in the article is the reliance on training in a crisis. It says in a crisis, one doesn't make decisions but instead reacts to stimuli in the same way that one is trained. Makes you wan to take the BFR a little more seriously.

What "toxins"? You hear a lot of crap about "toxins", but I have never seen a list of the specific chemical compounds that you are getting rid of and how the diet of the day actually does that.

The authors are saying the body subconsciously is purging out everything that might mix with your organs if there is abdominal damage. Among the biggest toxins would be e-coli which seems to be in allot of fecal matter.

I used to race D37 AMA hare scrambles. I almost always had to poo right before the banner dropped.

Preflighting, I always seem to have to pee. Even if I just went.

e75284fc3164efeec389adeb4e608883.jpg

Drink this. Poo. Life is good.

Gad. Many decades and pounds ago, I would "evacuate" before a game - I played soccer at a relatively high level then. Why are sharing this again?

I have volunteered at a few marathons. Yes, I have seen these ****ty people cross the line.

They are efffin disgusting.

Back