deep dish pizza, chicago area

U
I literally have 10 frozen ones at home ready to go when those cravings kick in.
I'm sorry but I disagree..LOu's is great but their frozen pizza is straight up bad for the $70 you pay. I will say that my in laws sent us the italian beef Lou's pizza that were better but definitely not worth the price.

KARR has frozen pizza in the very nice and huge FBO for sale.
Pretty good for a last meal when you finally decide that life sucks and is no longer worth living.

Never been to Skyline, but Lou Malnati's pizza is amazing.
Skyline chili is a dish, made "popular" in Cincinati Ohio. It's basically over cooked spaghetti noodles with a watery, bland, chili poured on top. It's finished with a bunch of cold shredded cheese just piled on top of that. It's something only someone from Ohio could enjoy.

Attachments

• skyline.jpg
    skyline.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 6
I know you didn't ask, but the best deep dish in the lower 48 is Zachary's in Oakland. Fight me.

Skyline chili is a dish, made "popular" in Cincinati Ohio. It's basically over cooked spaghetti noodles with a watery, bland, chili poured on top. It's finished with a bunch of cold shredded cheese just piled on top of that. It's something only someone from Ohio could enjoy.
I think you nailed it. IF you grew up there - like my children did - you love it. If you grew up somewhere else - like me - then it's a puzzle. Where this came from I have no idea.

that looks disgusting. but it also looks like something I would make, because I don't know how to make actual food. I made a spaghetti sandwich once. literally spaghetti....on bread.

that looks disgusting. but it also looks like something I would make, because I don't know how to make actual food. I made a spaghetti sandwich once. literally spaghetti....on bread.

Now I could get down with a spaghetti sandwich! couple slices of garlic bread, lay down some parmesan oregano. maybe throw that bad boy on a panini press because why not... you making me hungry!

Now I could get down with a spaghetti sandwich! couple slices of garlic bread, lay down some parmesan oregano. maybe throw that bad boy on a panini press because why not... you making me hungry!
Now i'm hungry too...

You know what is really good.? Spaghetti with ketchup...that's delicious

Were you carb loading? Seriously why? What was the thought process?

Also ..how was it?

Now i'm hungry too...

You know what is really good.? Spaghetti with ketchup...that's delicious
No!

And since this topic is Chicago related...no ketchup on a hot dog either. I dare you to ask in the city.

Ah. Chicago dogs. Ever have a char dog?

Were you carb loading? Seriously why? What was the thought process?

Also ..how was it?

that was literally all I had that resembled food. bread. and spaghetti. boom, sandwich time!

that was literally all I had that resembled food. bread. and spaghetti. boom, sandwich time!
yeah, I went to college too. Pack of roman noodles, mix in a diced up hot dog, bring it all to a boil and toss in a egg. That was some good eaten for about a buck.

I had Pequods. I found Ach and Lous to be better, personally.

that looks disgusting. but it also looks like something I would make, because I don't know how to make actual food.

It looks like something put together from the assorted leftovers that accumulate in fridge if you eat a lot of takeout. Just some shredded cheese on top and a bottle of hot sauce on the side.

I had Pequods. I found Ach and Lous to be better, personally.
Well I never expected Ach's to come up on the list. Aurora is not in Chicago, and the good pizza there is not Chicago deep dish (though they do that now too), but it is the best. Go for extra cheese, I dare you!

If we're going to talk hot dogs I have got to mention Pink's hot dogs in LA. Established in 1939. A landmark worth visiting and the hot dogs are amazing.

If we're going to talk hot dogs I have got to mention Pink's hot dogs in LA. Established in 1939. A landmark worth visiting and the hot dogs are amazing.
And just around the corner from Chicago

It is disgusting. I’ve seen it in the grocery store frozen section, either Food Lion or Harris Teeter? You can try it if you like, the frozen version is about the same. I’ve had it once each way, once live, second time because my son got it from the store and then said it was horrible. He was right.

But then if you’ve been to Cincinnati, you’ll understand why they like it.

Chicago, put me down for Giordano’s. Here in the Raleigh area, ACME does a good approximation, but I pass on Rosatti’s.

American opened in 1917 Lafayette opened next door in 1924. Both are still serving the same "coneys" today. I'm not saying these are the best dogs in the world but they are pretty tasty! especially after a couple dozen beers. Detroit does have some good dogs.

Attachments

• lafayette_and_american_coney_islands.jpg
    lafayette_and_american_coney_islands.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 4
For hot dogs, Portillos is a excellent choice. Great fries also

Just check your weight and balance after having the cake or cake shake. Damn thing is a calorie bomb. But worth it

I don't know how it compares to the places yall have mentioned, but my parents grew up in Dubuque, IA area, and swear-by Shot Tower Inn's pizza.

So… does this mean you’ll be IN town?

Back