deep dish pizza, chicago area

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
pretty sure I asked @kaiser in a PM and he gave lots of good info but I can't seem to find that chat.......

anyways, looking for places on the south, south west, or west side outskirts of the chicago class B where it would be quick and easy to land and walk to or uber to a place to try some quality deep dish pizza.

so I'm looking for:
-easy in/out
-convenient to deep dish
-cheap fuel would be nice
-somewhere I don't need to bring a gun

gracias.

3CK- Lake in the hills, Moretti’s in Crystal lake which is less than a 5 min uber ride and is by far my fav deep dish in the Chicago area. I live down the street and am a frequent flyer.

3CK- Lake in the hills, Moretti’s in Crystal lake which is less than a 5 min uber ride and is by far my fav deep dish in the Chicago area. I live down the street and am a frequent flyer.
I dig their lasagna.

Honestly, Im not a fan of deep dish. If I'm feeling hungry I'll get a double decker.

If you're out looking for pizza and see a Portillo's, get a cake shake. You're welcome.

If you're outside the Bravo, you can leave the gun in the plane.

Italian Beef Sammy, wet. Hot peppers. You’ll forget Chicago was ever famous for pizza. Just sayin…

Ok, now I'm a little irritated that I skipped lunch today.

maybe I should go here for soup and, oh I dunno, something else...

1689714711605.png

I have tried Lou malnati's in Chicago a few times and liked it a lot.

First of all…
I can't seem to find that chat.......
How are you this popular?

Also…
pretty sure I asked @kaiser in a PM and he gave lots of good info but I can't seem to find that chat.......

anyways, looking for places on the south, south west, or west side outskirts of the chicago class B where it would be quick and easy to land and walk to or uber to a place to try some quality deep dish pizza.

so I'm looking for:
-easy in/out
-convenient to deep dish
-cheap fuel would be nice
-somewhere I don't need to bring a gun

gracias.
Cheap fuel is going to be outside the veil - $5-6. Inside you’ll be paying 6-8. The cheapest fuel is always going to be RZL, BUU, 57C, EFT.
You won’t need a gun with what you fly.

IIRC, we talked about going to a Lou Malnatis, of which I think there’s one near KDPA and 06C, though you’ll need a crew car/Uber at each location. I’ll look for our chat (I am that popular)

My humble opinion is that time in Chicago is best spent seeking out one of their signature hot dogs, not their pizza. I make sure to obtain some type of crazy hot dog any time I'm in town.

Same goes for Lou’s if you want to try that at 3CK, it is 3 1/2 miles from the airport. I am based there, fuel is not too bad 5.65.

First of all…

How are you this popular?

Also…

Cheap fuel is going to be outside the veil - $5-6. Inside you’ll be paying 6-8. The cheapest fuel is always going to be RZL, BUU, 57C, EFT.
You won’t need a gun with what you fly.

IIRC, we talked about going to a Lou Malnatis, of which I think there’s one near KDPA and 06C, though you’ll need a crew car/Uber at each location. I’ll look for our chat (I am that popular)
Found it.

1C5 - There's a Lou Malnati's just off of the airport. There's good Uber service, but it's probably walkable (10 minutes?).

KDPA - There's a Giordano's 1.8 miles (6 minutes) from the airport. There's good Uber service, I have no idea what the courtesy car situation is at DuPage Flight Center.

06C - There's a Giordano's 3.5 miles (9 minutes) and a Lou Malnati's 3.6 miles (11 minutes) from the airport. There's good Uber service, I have no idea what the courtesy car situation is at Revv Aviation.

KPWK - I hate this airport so, no soup for you.

KMDW - probably too expensive ($60??) and honestly not in a great neighborhood.

Found it.

1C5 - There's a Lou Malnati's just off of the airport. There's good Uber service, but it's probably walkable (10 minutes?).

KDPA - There's a Giordano's 1.8 miles (6 minutes) from the airport. There's good Uber service, I have no idea what the courtesy car situation is at DuPage Flight Center.

06C - There's a Giordano's 3.5 miles (9 minutes) and a Lou Malnati's 3.6 miles (11 minutes) from the airport. There's good Uber service, I have no idea what the courtesy car situation is at Revv Aviation.

KPWK - I hate this airport so, no soup for you.

KMDW - probably too expensive ($60??) and honestly not in a great neighborhood.

thanks!

Not gonna lie - those aren’t Lou’s or Giordano’s. Those are Subway’s with a pizza sign for all they care about the OG deep dish. Fly into Meigs, tell Daley to eat your shorts, walk it over to Uno’s and get a proper pie. Or those other guys, but in the actual city. Or land DPA and ask @kaiser to take you into town :p.

Last edited:
KDPA and then Uber/Lyft/cab to Pal Joey's in West Chicago. GREAT pizza!

KDPA and then Uber/Lyft/cab to Pal Joey's in West Chicago. GREAT pizza!
+1 vote for landing at KDPA.

Pal Joey's is good stuff (their old location is better), but I think I'd take Riverside instead.
The St Charles location is a closer drive from KDPA and the pizza is every bit as good :p

+1 vote for landing at KDPA.

Pal Joey's is good stuff (their old location is better), but I think I'd take Riverside instead.
The St Charles location is a closer drive from KDPA and the pizza is every bit as good :p
No St. Charles location...West Chicago or Batavia. They moved back to the riverfront in Batavia a year or two ago. PJ in West Chgo is 10-min from DPA, 12-min from the Batavia location. The Batavia restauant is a much nicer environment...overlooking the Fox River. The West Chgo location has a beautiful view of Illinois Rt. 38.

Italian Beef Sammy, wet. Hot peppers. You’ll forget Chicago was ever famous for pizza. Just sayin…
I wish they built a runway next to Johnny's. I still dream about a double-dipped Italian beef with giardinera washed down with an Italian ice.

No St. Charles location...West Chicago or Batavia. They moved back to the riverfront in Batavia a year or two ago. PJ in West Chgo is 10-min from DPA, 12-min from the Batavia location. The Batavia restauant is a much nicer environment...overlooking the Fox River. The West Chgo location has a beautiful view of Illinois Rt. 38.
Oh I was referring to the restaurant "Riverside" located in St Charles. They're known for their pizza and they're located in StC right by me.
Good to know Pal Joey's opened up their old batavia location, the new locale right off Randall sucked compared to their spot on the river.

I'm going to chime in here and say that if you want the best italian beef go to Tony's italian off of pulaski rd near midway airport.. It's a hole in the wall but honestly the best beef i've ever had

Oh I was referring to the restaurant "Riverside" located in St Charles. They're known for their pizza and they're located in StC right by me.
Good to know Pal Joey's opened up their old batavia location, the new locale right off Randall sucked compared to their spot on the river.

I drive past the West Chicago one every day for work. Its not a good spot. The Randall location closed, I think also.

KARR has frozen pizza in the very nice and huge FBO for sale.

Back