DC headset repair

3 in the green

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
c170b
I am in need of a few headsets, so I took a (slight) gamble and was able to source two very used DC 10-13.4s for a great price. I have the same headset and love it. However, these two currently don't work (I knew this in advance) and some of the parts could use replacing.

I haven't had to deal with them yet with my own DC's, but I hear DC is fantastic to work with. I plan on giving their customer support line a shout and seeing what they'll be able to do. Have any of you done something like this with them before?

I just got back a set from them that hadn't been used in 25yrs. They replaced pretty much everything for $115 plus shipping. I just sent them another set, they are great to work with. They will evaluate them and contact you with the price for repairs before you are committed.

You can get the parts online. I cant recall the name but I redid two pair for cheap $30. New gell cushions and speakers.

It was one of the off road websites.

I had an H10-13x that I sold on eBay. The buyer said that ANR did not work on one side. Told them to return them. They sent me a completely different set (that were broken). Filed a claim and got my money back. Decided to see if the ones that the scammer returned could be repaired. David Clark charged me about $100 to completely refurbish them with a 5 year warranty!

Great company, great customer service!!!

Thanks again for the suggestions everyone! It was ~$70 for each complete refurbish...the ones I had were in bad shape and needed a lot of TLC (they both didn't work). They came back last week, and might as well be spankin' brand new out of the box, complete with new 5yr warranty. Unbelievable service! I essentially now have two, as-new, 13.4's with warranties for less than $200 total.

If DC could do ANR right, I'd be right back with them where I started and intended to stay with them as a lifelong customer. Customer service second to none.

And Lightspeed ain't bad. But that's where I'm at today.

If you take me flying in the 182 ill let you try my DC One-X ;), best ANR headset i've ever flown with. (better than lightspeed or Bose IMO)
http://www.sportys.com/pilotshop/david-clark-dc-one-x.html

I forgot they finally got those done. Cool.

We should go up sometime anyway.

You don't have to swap headsets if you don't want to. Now that you've pointed those out, Karen's Lightspeeds may be for sale. Haha. She can have my Zulu2 and I can go back to DC green! Haha.

I'm waiting on info on the Seminole this week, and didn't hear anything today so I'm assuming it's still down, but if it stays down into the weekend I'll take the 182 up. Normally right now I'd just say go any weekday or evening if you want, but I'm actually going to go to that "job" thing tomorrow barring any news on the twin...

Guess it's "back to the real world" week for me this week, since even a small paycheck is nice once in a while. Ha.

Co-owner has the 182 most of the day Saturday for something he's flying to.

We should probably get a new thread started and do another Colorado PoA meetup/fly-out/whatever -- it's been a while.

Getting into the last of the warm flying weather here... and pumpkin spice is invading the world again. LOL!

Back