Database Concierge Question

Timothy Burchett

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Tim
I am getting a GTN 650 with a Flightstream 510. How much space does a Database Concierge update take up in the iPad for a US update of all databases included in OnePak? Just trying to see how much space Garmin Pilot will need on my iPad to use Database Concierge. Thanks.

I am getting a GTN 650 with a Flightstream 510. How much space does a Database Concierge update take up in the iPad for a US update of all databases included in OnePak? Just trying to see how much space Garmin Pilot will need on my iPad to use Database Concierge. Thanks.

The biggest thing is flight charts, which unless you have a G500 or something you won’t have (650 doesn’t do flight charts), so the updates are pretty small, maybe 150mb or so, the charts are around 1.1gb.

Garmin pilot itself has its own stuff it wants to download, which can be pretty large. I don’t use pilot other than for db concierge, so I’m not sure how big that is.

The biggest thing is flight charts, which unless you have a G500 or something you won’t have (650 doesn’t do flight charts), so the updates are pretty small, maybe 150mb or so, the charts are around 1.1gb.

Garmin pilot itself has its own stuff it wants to download, which can be pretty large. I don’t use pilot other than for db concierge, so I’m not sure how big that is.
Thanks! That’s exactly what I plan to do- keep using ForeFlight and only use Garmin Pilot for Database Concierge. I’m glad to hear both apps will fit on the iPad and there is enough room for the transfers.

Last edited:
I use both... I keep them both on a Mini 5 and and a 6th-gen full-sized iPad.

Database concierge is fantastic! Between that, flight plan upload and auto-sync between devices a GTN-series Navigator and the FlightStream 510 is a really impressive combo.

Back