Dassault Falcon 8X

3393RP

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
3393RP

Yesterday I read that Dassault had delivered their first Falcon 8X to a Greek charter operator. The 8X is a fantastic business jet.

After looking around on the internet, I found the attached photo of an 8X and wanted to share it with my fellow POA members. It is a really beautiful aircraft, and I'm sure you all will enjoy viewing it.

034_Falcon8X_2014DVD44-1_800.jpg

Here's a photo of the office. What a beauty!

honeywell-easy-iii-flt-deck-219922-620x.jpg

Wow very cool!

3 motors too which is a little surprising with all the other business jets and airliners having 2 motors. But the top of the line Falcon has always had 3. Beautiful jet though. Do they still have a completion center at KLIT?

Pretty, but how's the pay and QOL?

;)

What's the panel on the far left, an IOS device?

I thought it was the coffee maker but I guess that's on the copilot side somewhere...

3 motors too which is a little surprising with all the other business jets and airliners having 2 motors. But the top of the line Falcon has always had 3. Beautiful jet though. Do they still have a completion center at KLIT?

According to Dassault, the 8X has direct operating costs that are 35% less than competitor's comparable models. I take that to mean the G650.

From Dassault's website:

Dassault Falcon’s expansive facility in Little Rock, Arkansas, is the site of two strategic Falcon operations: the main Completion Center for all Falcon jets worldwide, and the company-owned Service Center, which is dedicated solely to Falcon customers.

Current production model Falcons are manufactured in France, then flown in "green" condition to the Completion Center where optional avionics and custom interiors are installed, and exteriors are painted. Dassault Aircraft Services (DAS) – Little Rock operates a “one-stop-shop” for all inspection, maintenance, modification, completion and repair needs, and is 100% dedicated to supporting only the Falcon product line.

Our Service Center and Completion Center combined occupy nearly 1,000,000 total sq.ft., making Little Rock the largest Dassault facility in the world.

Last edited:
Pay is good as far as I'm concerned, I only work an average of 5 days a month.

It was a tongue in cheek comment. Most of us that have been doing this awhile stop being starry eyed about equipment, so the running joke is that you can put a Space Shuttle in front of a bunch of pilots, and there's bound to be some curmudgeon in the back that'll ask about the pay and QOL. ;)

It was a tongue in cheek comment. Most of us that have been doing this awhile stop being starry eyed about equipment, so the running joke is that you can put a Space Shuttle in front of a bunch of pilots, and there's bound to be some curmudgeon in the back that'll ask about the pay and QOL. ;)

Jeez, I can't imagine becoming so jaded that the prospect of flying The Latest Big Thing wouldn't be appealing. But your joke is pretty funny. I occasionally read posts in the Biz Av section on pprune, and there's no shortage of complaining cranky old fockers. :D

It's a cool looking airplane, but I wonder a bit about designing a three-holer in the modern era. Just a bit... not a lot...

I
I see well I fly the 7X which is the same airplane/type so I thought thought it was literal and I could answer your question. I see your point though

It's a cool looking airplane, but I wonder a bit about designing a three-holer in the modern era. Just a bit... not a lot...
When we lose an engine it's not even an emergency, it's just an abnormal procedure. My favorite part is when an engine goes out at cruise, expect drift down to about FL360 and to have thousands of nm of range.

When we lose an engine it's not even an emergency, it's just an abnormal procedure. My favorite part is when an engine goes out at cruise, expect drift down to about FL360 and to have thousands of nm of range.

That is cool. What does it mean for normal fuel burn?

Usually. Sometimes .89, Never slower than .86 unless we're flying 10+ hrs legs

Edit, climb at .87

2a66p1z.jpg

Interesting picture. Is that Easy II? I'm wondering why the PF has set a .89 speed in the climb while the AT can't keep up and he/she is losing energy? I guess the boss likes to go fast all the time and is willing to spend money on gas :)

Interesting picture. Is that Easy II? I'm wondering why the PF has set a .89 speed in the climb while the AT can't keep up and he/she is losing energy? I guess the boss likes to go fast all the time and is willing to spend money on gas :)
EASy2+ , what you're seeing here is me trying to climb as close to M.89 as possible. usually adjust the FPM as the airspeed tries to bleed down. Level off usually happens at or near the final cruise Mach. It keeps the energy up and the plane going down range

I see. So what you are saying is you folks try to fly as fast as you can all the time (except the really long legs). Perfectly acceptable. We trended more towards the M.80 climbs and M.85 cruise no matter if it was 10hrs or not. (We never had for longer legs).
Our aircraft tended to be very noisy in the cockpit above .87 which added to our fatigue factor. It was an early serial number so hopefully they improved that. I do miss flying the 7X but EASy 1 reliability and Dassault's support killed it for our executives. We sold our three Falcons and went G. Sad, as we were a long time Falcon user :(

Anyway Shawn, thanks for the insight,

Kevin

I see. So what you are saying is you folks try to fly as fast as you can all the time (except the really long legs). Perfectly acceptable. We trended more towards the M.80 climbs and M.85 cruise no matter if it was 10hrs or not. (We never had for longer legs).
Our aircraft tended to be very noisy in the cockpit.......

Kevin

It's certainly loud above . 87 like you said , I did a demo flight in the 8X and it's so much quieter. the 8 didn't have EVS so I'm certain that had something to do with it . The early 7X adoptors paid dearly in the reliability department, the dispatch rate is so much better now .

Yeah, we thought it was the EVS cam as well. I have seen the 8X in person and it seems very similar in shape and size to the 7X but understand it is a different airplane under the surface. I miss flying the Falcons, but I grew tired being told by Dassault that our complaints were stupid and unfounded only to later find upgrades that fixed the problems but we had to pay to get . Gulfstream is a little better but at least they beta test on their dime.

When Gulfstream debuted their EVS system (wasn't it about 20 years ago?) I thought the camera appendage looked like a slapped on afterthought placement.

The location on the 7X is even worse. Since it's larger and just below the windscreen I imagine it does generate significant noise.

You'd think that after all these years a tidier method would be used.

You'd think that after all these years a tidier method would be used.
Dassault's new camera system "Falcon Eye" seems improve on looks a bit. It improves on function tremendously, it's the best camera/IR in the game.

N8X was on the ramp at San Luis Obispo (KSBP) today. Beautiful looking plane.
It flys as beautifully as it looks. the most elegant machine in corporate aviation.

Back