Dark Aero 1

Previously disclosed early on. They are self funded. All were multiple years into their professional careers, living at home and saving every penny they could until they started on the project.
Based on a few other comments, I believe, but have no proof, they are now effectively funded by family.

Tim
Sounds like a crap business model. Even at 200k a pop they're going to have to sell a lot of kits to pay for 5 years salary for three engineers.

They do classes in composites and mold making as a money maker. Think they do OK at that.

Sounds like a crap business model. Even at 200k a pop they're going to have to sell a lot of kits to pay for 5 years salary for three engineers.
I did not bother to go back and watch the videos. But this was a labor of love, not a retirement goal.

Tim

But most of us have a number in mind where you say screw it, and take less now to chase a dream and hope it works out later.

I applaud that.

But after 5 years of not eating, I'm getting hungry.

I like these guys and their thoroughness but begin to wonder why they don't start flying the damn thing.
They keep tinkering with (apparently) little stuff that was maybe not optimal but seemed good enough.

Frankly, I doubt that funds are a big concern for them, otherwise they would have started flying and selling their DarkAero1 2 years ago...

Back