Dare I ask a question...

Get ahold of a POH for the year C152 you may be flying. Not only is the checklist in there but the Amplified Checklist section goes into further detail on what and why your checking. Some POHs you can find free online, or look on eBay for a copy, and at a reasonable price.

Back when I was actively flight instructing I ordered copies and everyone of my students had their own copy. Hard to do now though.

Last edited:
And one would hope that, if it's a rental plane, then the POH is kept handy for pilot and/or student reference.

One would hope...

Get ahold of a POH for the year C152 you may be flying. Not only is the checklist in there but the Amplified Checklist section goes into further detail on what and why your checking. Some POHs you can find free online, or look on eBay for a copy, and at a reasonable price.

Back when I was actively flight instructing I ordered copies and everyone of my students had their own copy. Hard to do now though.

Not hard. Cessna and others still sell them. Problem now is everything newer has an AFM.

Not hard. Cessna and others still sell them. Problem now is everything newer has an AFM.

Cessna wants "what's in your wallet" though. You can buy a POH on eBay a lot cheaper. I've bought plenty over the years, most in very good condition.

When I was renting,or during lessons,the flight school always had me purchase a poh for the model .

When I was renting,or during lessons,the flight school always had me purchase a poh for the model .

Usually from their front desk. At a markup. Ha.

(Shhh. Buy it from somewhere else. Don’t tell them.) :)

One whole page is emergency procedures in case you’re hit from behind... by a bird. ;)

image.jpg

If a B17, 4 engined bomber can get away with one page...

Last edited:
Back