Damaged aircraft while parked

Bet that accident didn't total the MD 88 like this did the beech here.

Probably not. They repaired it right where it was, in full view of the passenger concourse. Covered up the airline name of course. I wondered why they didn't move it out of sight of passengers.

tom was the bo guy told to park in a soft muddy field? or did he do it on his own

Dude, dang! I'd call the insurance company, tell them where their airplane is parked. . .

tom was the bo guy told to park in a soft muddy field? or did he do it on his own
I wouldn't call it a muddy field,, but it is January in the great northwest. :)

OBTW at OKH they do not tell you where to park, actually there probably wasn't anyone around when they flew in.
You are pretty much on your own at OKH.

pictures of one really f--ed beech bo.
the story is it was being moved to the gas pumps, got stuck in the soft ground, when the operator tried to power it out it got away from him. hit a light pole and a truck parked in the parking lot. they didn't realize it had touched the other aircraft.

No f***ing way...:eek2:

Dude, dang! I'd call the insurance company, tell them where their airplane is parked. . .
That's what most people here would do truthfully, but it sounds good to talk tough about how they'd handle it!

However, I hear James is going to start offering a service where you can call him to see if it's safe to park somewhere. He told us he wouldn't park where riff raff could steal something from his plane, now he says he parks in places riff raff couldn't get to. So when you're weathered in at an airport and you can't get your plane in a hangar, a quick call to James will give you the peace of mind that will let you rest at night knowing your plane is safe.

CYA

when a local says "I wouldn't try parking there" they usually have a reason.

the first part of your statement shows the attitude that I refer to.

Please quote where I said I wouldn't listen to local knowledge Tom...

That "attitude" isn't attitude, it's FAR §91.3.

That's what most people here would do truthfully, but it sounds good to talk tough about how they'd handle it!

However, I hear James is going to start offering a service where you can call him to see if it's safe to park somewhere. He told us he wouldn't park where riff raff could steal something from his plane, now he says he parks in places riff raff couldn't get to. So when you're weathered in at an airport and you can't get your plane in a hangar, a quick call to James will give you the peace of mind that will let you rest at night knowing your plane is safe.

I was making a joke about landing at more lakes and backcountry than airports, you really let you imagination run wild on that one, gotta give you a D- for accuracy, but A+ for creativity :)

Sounds like a friendly place :incazzato::incazzato:
Actually, I think it does sound like a friendly place; since they kick all the asshats out. Who needs them and how do they help make a place friendly.

Actually, I think it does sound like a friendly place; since they kick all the asshats out. Who needs them and how do they help make a place friendly.
Pretty much,, bunch of GOBs playing with their toys. fly in, stay on the hard stuff ask where the best place to park, some body will tell you where the soft spots are. no body around?? walk around see for your self. best to bring your own tie downs

Did you not say as PIC you'd park anywhere you want to?

Negative.

I said I will secure my aircraft somewhere safe or I will leave.

Just because someone tells me to park somehwere doesn't mean I will, same with marshalers, even at bravo fields, I use them for guidance, but when it comes to skin tin or ticket, that's on me and my azz on the line. If you try to park me somewhere I don't feel is safe for my pax or plane, it's not going to happen, call me a azzhole or whatever, I'm not going to be fixing my plane, or getting calls from the FSDO, so that's a sacrifice I'm cool with.

Negative.

I said I will secure my aircraft somewhere safe or I will leave.

Just because someone tells me to park somehwere doesn't mean I will, same with marshalers, even at bravo fields, I use them for guidance, but when it comes to skin tin or ticket, that's on me and my azz on the line. If you try to park me somewhere I don't feel is safe for my pax or plane, it's not going to happen, call me a azzhole or whatever, I'm not going to be fixing my plane, or getting calls from the FSDO, so that's a sacrifice I'm cool with.
When you are on private property you act like a guest, or get tossed.
OKH is private property. Don't let your mind wander, this is what we were talking about.
But now you try to spin it, but your attitude shows in almost every one of your posts. Then when you get your nose rubbed in it, you argue.

pictures of one really f--ed beech bo.
the story is it was being moved to the gas pumps, got stuck in the soft ground, when the operator tried to power it out it got away from him. hit a light pole and a truck parked in the parking lot. they didn't realize it had touched the other aircraft.

How badly was the truck damaged?

When you are on private property you act like a guest, or get tossed.
OKH is private property. Don't let your mind wander, this is what we were talking about.
But now you try to spin it, but your attitude shows in almost every one of your posts. Then when you get your nose rubbed in it, you argue.

What are you jibbering on about Tom?

You said you park where ever they tell you to, this was bad advice, I said as much, that's that.

I don't care who owns the field, tell me to park somehwere that I don't think is safe, it ain't going to happen, I'll park elsewhere or I'll fly elsewhere, not that crazy of a concept.

What are you jibbering on about Tom?

You said you park where ever they tell you to, this was bad advice, I said as much, that's that.

I don't care who owns the field, tell me to park somehwere that I don't think is safe, it ain't going to happen, I'll park elsewhere or I'll fly elsewhere, not that crazy of a concept.
See..

I get that, but to say he didn't know he touched the other plane... Not buying it, hence my comment...:nono:
But why would the guy hide it? His accident can't be hidden....and Tom did say the other plane just had a slight scuff. Sounds legit to me. People do make mistakes.

I can believe that the guy wouldn't have realised he put a light scuff into another airplane if he was in the middle of slamming hard into a truck and a light pole. Those other collisions probably had most of his attention!

Back