Dallas Fort Worth

Yep have flown into DFW and stayed on the GA ramp. Was $85 facility fee for single engine (last year). Be prepared to keep your speed up on final. And depending on day/time there could be a flow-control ops in place. So check that out before. Other than that it’s super easy and the controllers are great.

Why DFW and not ADS or TKI?
Both would be closer anyway. I cannot recommend ADS due to my negative experience there, but I liked TKI. I won’t go back to ADS unless there’s a really compelling reason to do so. More than a giant potato.

Both would be closer anyway.
Both are significantly further away (TKI by a lot) from where he's going, which is just a couple of miles due west of DFW. There are a couple of airports on the west side that might be suitable, but there's really nothing that wouldn't add a 30 minute drive.

Both are significantly further away (TKI by a lot) from where he's going, which is just a couple of miles due west of DFW. There are a couple of airports on the west side that might be suitable, but there's really nothing that wouldn't add a 30 minute drive.
I was looking at the event in Frisco

ADS to Frisco will be faster if there's no traffic on the Dallas North Tollway, but TKI is shorter distance (not by much).

Keep us posted on coming this way - love to have a meet'n'greet!

Why DFW and not ADS or TKI?

If it’s a few miles West of DFW Airport, KGPM would work great. It’s right next to Hwy 360 and also the Tollway which is a very easy drive to the area just West of DFW and not very far away. KGPM is Delta and good people to work with.

Be sure you factor in a long taxi time in DFW. May erase any time savings you're calculating.

I thought they usually routed the GA traffic to the runway close to the FBO?

The FBO is at the approach end of 17L. If they are departing the 35's or 36's, you're in for a long taxi. If you land either the 35's or 36's, you're also in for a long taxi, unless you float for 10,000 feet.

They put me on 13R in a Pilatus one time. It’s literally a 5 mile taxi to the FBO.

The FBO is at the approach end of 17L. If they are departing the 35's or 36's, you're in for a long taxi. If you land either the 35's or 36's, you're also in for a long taxi, unless you float for 10,000 feet.
Would you touch down on the numbers on a 13,000 runway and taxi two miles?

I would avoid DFW just for the rental car price. Flying there next month for drill weekend and a compact car is like $120/day!

I find I'll be in town that week. Let me know if something materializes.

And I do agree that ADS is a poor choice. Too busy. And sometimes not friendly enough. I don't go there when I don't have to.

I find I'll be in town that week. Let me know if something materializes.

And I do agree that ADS is a poor choice. Too busy. And sometimes not friendly enough. I don't go there when I don't have to.

I tried to include you on a group PM I just sent, but the system says I'm not allowed to send messages to you.

I'll try not to take it personally.

I tried to include you on a group PM I just sent, but the system says I'm not allowed to send messages to you.

I'll try not to take it personally.
Don't worry, he's a jerk to everyone. Of course that doesn't mean you don't deserve it.

just kidding in both cases

Back