Daily weather roundup leading up to AirVenture

tsts4

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Auburntsts
For those that are interested, Dr. Scott Dennstaedt will once again be providing an overview of the weather for those flying to AirVenture this year, please check out his AirVenture Daily Weather Roundup. He will be broadcasting these live starting on Tuesday, July 18th at 8 a.m. EDT on his YouTube channel @ezwxbrief - or you can view the recorded version. The broadcast will be daily through Friday, July 21st.

Yeah, big picture, days out. Even days with unfavorable weather, often part of the day is flyable. One needs to make the hay while the sun shines, snug it up to the Oshkosh arrival.

Thanks for the plug! For those attending AirVenture, please stop by the EZWxBrief booth in Hangar C or attend one or more of my eight presentations I'll be doing throughout the week.

Scott, friends from WI have indicated smoke from fires in Canada resulting in days with near IFR conditions even though METAR says it’s VFR. hope something to that effect is included in your discussions if relevant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just need to know which day they're planning the big storm.

Scott, friends from WI have indicated smoke from fires in Canada resulting in days with near IFR conditions even though METAR says it’s VFR. hope something to that effect is included in your discussions if relevant.

That’s how it was when I flew to St Louis and back yesterday. VFR vis, but everything is monotone, so you can’t really see anything. Not weather I’d be willing to fly the FISK in

I really enjoyed last year but the smoke is likely to keep us away this year.

The metars were 5-7 miles on a recent flight when I could barely see the ground from 2,000 agl.

Seems like we need a better measurement system

I flew Sunday in the smoke/haze. Airfields were also reporting 4-7. It was vfr down lower but like @Randomskylane said, forward flight viz at cruise altitude was crap. Glad I was IFR.

Thanks for this. I'm looking to fly up on Friday or Saturday and the forecast for the southeast isn't looking ideal. Will be watching the daily updates.

Back