cubs2osh for the 80th in 2017

Rick Rademacher

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Rick Rademacher
"I hope you are as excited as I am about the 80th Anniversary Celebration of the J-3 Cub at Hartford and Oshkosh. It’s hard to get better than this. Attend a small, home town atmosphere fly-in, and then fly directly to the largest one on earth. And celebrate the plane we fly and love at both.

I had a great time, as did many others for the 75th and believe that this 80th event will be even better. Now is the time to start planning, as it will be 2017 in no time.

This site, Facebook, and of course, the EAA will keep you up to date on the latest news. As soon as the Hartford group is ready, a forum for Hartford activities registration will be placed in this site to help them in their planning, and to give the EAA at Oshkosh an indication of how large of a space to reserve for Cubs to be parked together .

If you want to be a part of the mass J-3 Cub direct flight to Oshkosh starting before 6 A.M., please plan to arrive at Hartford on Friday, or Saturday afternoon at the latest. The 2017 mass flight will include everyone who wants to participate, as long as we try to have all Cubs arrive at Oshkosh before 7 A.M. that Sunday.

I wish you all a Happy New Year and safe 2017 flights in that favorite plane of ours!

Rick Rademacher
http://www.cubs2osh.eaachapter.org/"

Steve Krog called me several weeks ago to ask if he could take control of the cubs2osh site. As he is a good Cub man and much closer to the folks at EAA in Oshkosh than I now am, I felt pleased to pass the site to him. He has a web site guru who will add new features to help everyone flying a Cub to Oshkosh this year be prepared for the flight. http://cubs2osh.com/

I wish I could tell you more about the plans for Cubs at Oshkosh. I do know that the plans for Hartford will include the things that everyone enjoyed during the 75th Anniversary.

I hope to see some of you at SUNnFUN April 4th thru April 9th in Lakeland Florida as I will have a booth in building (A) selling my Vintage Air Maps, classy Cub shirts, and talking about flying Cubs to Oshkosh for the 80th.

I still plan to fly my Cub from Inverness, Florida to Oshkosh this year.

Keep practicing your flying because the great trip to Oshkosh will soon be here.

Fly safely,

Rick

What's the latest on cubs 2 osh

Back