Crosswind landing pointers?

The C152 pilot, by contrast with even lighter wingloading had it nailed.

Actually the wing loading of the 150/152 and the 172 cross, depending on takeoff weight.

Not by much, but assuming the 152 was light is usually a stretch, since they're seemingly always flown at max gross with today's human sizes.

A light Skyhawk matches a heavy 150/152 for wing loading.

No real useful input here other than to say that I have really been enjoying practicing my X-wind landings in moderate winds. If I can bring it down reasonable softly with significant winds it makes me feel all that much more confident that I can really grease the landing with winds calm. Hooray for building skill and confidence!

I've found I get smoother landings with a cross wind. Much more consistent anyway...

ok..., I figured out my problem. Being a girl scout with the rudder pedals. I started man handling them today and got control of the airplane in the wind. If it helps anyone else, I pushed both feet against them with decent pressure and made sure I could feel the push from either foot as well as push against it some with the non main movement foot. I was loose on the foot that wasn't pushing before which made my control of the rudder weak and totally kept me from feeling in control of the airplane. Finally moving on.. :)

Back