Cross Country GA Travel and State COVID Requirements

Fearless Tower

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fearless Tower
Anyone traveled across the US encountered issues along the way due to individual state COVID restrictions?

I am likely going to be doing a roundtrip out to AZ over the holidays and hoping to avoid any entanglements.

Right now, none of the states I might stop/overnight require a negative COVID test prior to entry, but a few (like New Mexico) have quarantine restrictions.

Just want to make sure I'm not going to have some yahoo at an FBO tell me I can't take the crew car to grab lunch because of COVID.

I went from FL to New England right after Thanksgiving. Plenty of restrictions, but zero mention at any FBO I stopped at. I followed the law in CT, which was pretty strict, but never had any contact with any authorities.

I’ve been to around 20 states throughout this. No issues. Some of the New England states required a negative test but NO ONE wanted to see it.

Enjoy the trip! Think we are heading that way next year to tour the west.

Haven't had any problems,staying local for the christmas holiday ,don't want to get stuck away from home.

I flew from Atlanta to Vale, OR back in July. Then stooped at Rapid City, SD on the way back to tour the sights there. I posted here about it.

No issues.

Flying up into the northeast might have some challenges. Same for flying into CA.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Most covid requirements have allowances for transient travel.

Check each state you’re going to, you may find there aren’t many restrictions in place (or not). I uh know a guy that just flew to Florida and back and when leaving Florida BUSTED his way thru the FBO hooting and hollering about not following any stupid COVID laws, screw your stupid COVID laws!!! Except they actually didn’t have any travel restrictions. I hear he had a nice, uneventful flight there and back though.

I flew GA Tampa - Chicago in May and Chicago - San Antonio - KC - return in late Oct. I faced no restrictions. Had to cancel a big west / southwest trip I hope to accomplish in early 2021... so I’ll be asking this question in a couple months.

Hard to predict what some “yahoo at the FBO” is going to do but my experience traveling for work during COVID is that the FBOs are much less concerned about COVID than I am.

i won’t comment on the wisdom of doing a trip like that at the peak of our COVID outbreak where every 33 seconds someone is dying of COVID, mostly because there clearly isn’t any.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...-30-seconds/?tid=a_classic-iphone&no_nav=true

Our whole family has the antibodies now and are not able to be further contagious for now (according to CDC and our State health department). We will travel freely visiting friends and family for the next couple months or so while the risk of recurring infection and carry/spread is at its lowest.

Hard to predict what some “yahoo at the FBO” is going to do but my experience traveling for work during COVID is that the FBOs are much less concerned about COVID than I am.

i won’t comment on the wisdom of doing a trip like that at the peak of our COVID outbreak where every 33 seconds someone is dying of COVID, mostly because there clearly isn’t any.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...-30-seconds/?tid=a_classic-iphone&no_nav=true
Thanks for the public service announcement.

Not all who travel right now are doing so for their sheer enjoyment.

I've been flying a bunch for work. Haven't had any issues. Biggest pain is going to a state that doesn't allow dining in. Most restaurants are still doing take out though.

You always have the get out of jail free card, which is that you are flight crew and you are considered essential.

flew from Or via Ca, Az, NM, Tx, etc to FL.
No issues, not even in Ca.

We’ve done a good bit of RVing during this whole thing and haven’t had any issues. Before shutting down Cloud Nine and selling the MU2 I did a good bit of flying and also had no issues. We flew commercial to Mexico a couple weeks ago; also no issues. Call ahead if you’re concerned, but I wouldn’t be worried.

Been to FL and KY a couple times from IL. I’ve seen some of the free snack areas in FBOs shut down and some are pretty insistent on masks but otherwise it’s business as usual.

If you are worried about COVID, we’ll it’s GA. We can travel with little no contact. Depending on how you work your destination and plans you can fly places with less exposure than you get making a weekly grocery run.

Back