CRJ = MU3? Bombarier selling CRJ to Mitsi!

Rgbeard

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
rgbeard
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bombardier-sell-regional-jet-business-125739301.html

(Reuters) - Bombardier Inc said on Tuesday it will sell its money-losing regional jet business to Japan's Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd (MHI) for $550 million in cash, in a deal marking the Canadian plane and train maker's exit from commercial aviation.

Montreal-based Bombardier had combined its aviation units to focus more on profitable business jets and passenger rail cars, after facing a cash-crunch in 2015 while bringing its flagship commercial jet to market.

That’s doom for their Belfast plants

Skywest is wearing them out......... You think Embraer is smoking cigars right now? :sosp:

PSA is the only all-CRJ airline left domestically isn't it? Mesa, Skywest have both gone down the Embraer highway, ASA got mashed together with ExpressJet who's obviously Embraer, the CRJ customer base was shrinking.

I’ve always thought the Embraer products are superior to the CRJ line, especially the -200, from a passengers perspective and from what I gather from most pilots. Doesn’t surprise me too much.

Bah I worded that wrong. I meant *still buying* CRJ's.

I forgot Endeavor though.

AW hasn't bought new in ages, being an all 50 seat fleet. And GoJet is shrinking their -700's to 50 seater "550's" rather than buy new.

The regional space is gonna be interesting. Theres no scope left for new 70 seaters. Please mainline union keep that up. No one makes 50 seaters. The crj550 if it happens will have all the expense of a 70 seater with 50 seats. The MRJ is too heavy for scope. So the only sales are gonna be erj replacements.

The manufacturers all bet the farm on the unions relaxing scope. They didn’t and now no one has a product they can sell. You win some and lose some. The lost this one big!

Back