CRJ 900 Landing Gear

JP11283

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
JP11283
I just got off a CRJ 900 Delta Connection flight. Prior to pushing back from the gate, the captain announced that they would be leaving the landing gear down for the first 10 minutes of flight due to a faulty sensor. They ended up leaving the gear down for close to 20 minutes before they retracted it. What was the purpose for leaving it down so long as far as the faulty sensor is concerned?

Probably brake temps.. without knowing the temp there's likely an assumed cool down period they follow

Most likely a MEL requirement due to a faulty brake temp sensor. Either that or a fire loop in the wheel well. It's been several years since I worked MOC on the CRJ.

Surprised they even felt the need to inform the pax about that. I’d bet the majority wouldn’t bat an eyelash to it.

Surprised they even felt the need to inform the pax about that. I’d bet the majority wouldn’t bat an eyelash to it.

You can hear it when the gear is down in flight. It's hellaciously more noisy in the main cabin, at least in an Embraer 175 it was. I would imagine a CRJ is not much different.

If the main landing gear bay overheat sensors have been deferred, the gear is left extended for 10 minutes or until the brake temp is lower than it was at brake release.

Back