Crazy low pass

Darwin Award nominee in sight

That's how a Tu-16 crashed after a low pass over USS Essex in 1968: hooked the water with wingtip. Everyone onboard perished.

Don't know much about history
Don't know much biology
Don't know much about a science book
Don't know much about the French I took

But I do know that that was flippin stupid.

isn't that how that song goes?

sad thing is, you KNOW that started out with "hey guys, watch this!"

Gotta love dropzones, guy on the ground is lame everyone knows you moon the jump pilots last pass of the day.

Is it real or fake, now it's hard to tell what is real and what someone did on their computer.:rolleyes:

...there's a way to do a low pass...and that's not it!!!

Negative ghost rider the pattern is full. The Darwin Award is definitely a possibility.

Sure most of us here would not have done that, and I think that's definitely on the dangerous side. But look at it this way, the guy wants to have some fun, so let him, do you really care?

Sure most of us here would not have done that, and I think that's definitely on the dangerous side. But look at it this way, the guy wants to have some fun, so let him, do you really care?

Unfortunately, I do. The fellow on the ground might not have been cognizant of the immediate peril to which he was being subjected. As such the pilot endangered someone other than himself, and about that I do indeed care. If you want to learn aerobatics in your 172 over an open field have at it. Over a school full of kiddies not so much.

Unfortunately, I do. The fellow on the ground might not have been cognizant of the immediate peril to which he was being subjected. As such the pilot endangered someone other than himself, and about that I do indeed care. If you want to learn aerobatics in your 172 over an open field have at it. Over a school full of kiddies not so much.
This was at a dropzone the guy on the ground, while possibly having bad judgement, was a willing participant in the maneuver.

This was at a dropzone the guy on the ground, while possibly having bad judgement, was a willing participant in the maneuver.

He might not have been aware of the potential for injury. As such he wouldn't be a willing participant to anything.

He might not have been aware of the potential for injury. As such he wouldn't be a willing participant to anything.
He's a grown azz man he can make his own decisions. Yes I support keeping children from buzzing airplanes and vice versa.

No matter what the pilot is BLATANTLY in violation of 91.119 (c).

If the guy on the ground was smart enough to try to touch a low flying aircraft, there isn't much we can do to help him. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the view.

Yes it does matter. Would you want to go skydiving out of an airplane abused by dip****s? The general public PAYS to ride in these things. They should be piloted by professional crews and one shouldn't have to wonder if some dope overstressed the plane showing off.

Yes it does matter. Would you want to go skydiving out of an airplane abused by dip****s? The general public PAYS to ride in these things. They should be piloted by professional crews and one shouldn't have to wonder if some dope overstressed the plane showing off.

He doesn't necessarily do skydiving on it, for all we know it might be his personal aircraft that is only flown by him. If it is used for transport general public then yes, I agree with you, but we just don't know that.

The rules for buzzing

You buzz them low.
You buzz them fast.
You buzz them once.

Reminds me of when this video was posted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjA24fQcscg

That's actually the "making off". Initially the video was only the part where the helo was sliding on the ice and the guys were breaking away from it.
Seeing only the short one, it seemed like something stupid to do. But this video shows how much preparation went into it.

Still risky, something can go wrong, but hey, it's not stupid risky, they practiced, measured, calculated the risk, and accepted it. Everyone does it on a daily basis (from going skying to riding a motorcycle).
Not sure if this low pass was actually practiced and calculated, maybe it was just stupid, I'm just saying that it could be less reckless than it appears.

About 40 years ago, I saw a picture posted at the airport. It was a wingtip camera on a C150 or 172, aimed at the cockpit. The airplane was inverted. There was a skydiver crouching on the wing.

...and the N-number was covered with butcher paper.

Ron Wanttaja

Back