Crash Information

Miltary accidents are investigated internally. There are two inquiries, one more from a safety aspect, the other from a disciplinary angle. The reports of the safety review are released at the discretion of the higher ups. There is no firm timeline and no central repository that you could just go to. Look in the publications that cater to the military e.g. Navy Times as they tend to follow up on the reports.

You won’t find anything yet on what potentially caused it. Ft Rucker will send members from the Army Safety Center to investigate along with members of the Minnesota Guard. Once the determination has been made, they’ll release results of the investigation to the public.

The only facts we have is the aircraft was on a maintenance test flight and a mayday was given. No mention of weather but it appears to have been no factor.

You won’t find anything yet on what potentially caused it. Ft Rucker will send members from the Army Safety Center to investigate along with members of the Minnesota Guard. Once the determination has been made, they’ll release results of the investigation to the public.

The only facts we have is the aircraft was on a maintenance test flight. No mention of weather but it appears to have been no factor.
When they do release the results of the investigation to the public, is there a place, other than the local news, that I can look? Will it be published somewhere specific?

(I understand it will take a while...)

When they do release the results of the investigation to the public, is there a place, other than the local news, that I can look? Will it be published somewhere specific?

(I understand it will take a while...)

In my experience the Army is pretty guarded about what they release publicly compared to other services. The determination as to what is released is dictated by the Army Aviation Safety Center. Generally, anything that isn’t classified and is determined to be of a safety benefit to the civilian public, will get released. Having said that, I’ve seen several fatal vids / pictures from Army crashes that aren’t released. Basically the public will get a redacted version.

Best place to check on the accident results would be armyaircrews.com. Probably take several months but they’re usually the first to get the results publicly.

In my experience the Army is pretty guarded about what they release publicly compared to other services. The determination as to what is released is dictated by the Army Aviation Safety Center. Generally, anything that isn’t classified and is determined to be of a safety benefit to the civilian public, will get released. Having said that, I’ve seen several fatal vids / pictures from Army crashes that aren’t released. Basically the public will get a redacted version.

Best place to check on the accident results would be armyaircrews.com. Probably take several months but they’re usually the first to get the results publicly.
Thanks!

Will it be published somewhere specific?
Once a report is released a copy maybe available here via a FOIA request:
U.S. Army Combat Readiness/Safety Center
ATTN: CSSC-SS (FOIA)
4905 5th Avenue
Fort Rucker, AL 36362-5363.

I just returned from overseas with that crew. Very sad, very disappointing. The only solace is that MN has a VERY strong support structure (ie. FRG) to help the families get through this tragedy, and their commander is one of the best I've known or had the pleasure to work with in almost 24 years.

Back