Crash at the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome

I JUST HAPPENED TO BE AT THE AERODROME THAT DAY. I TRAVELED FROM MEDFORD LONG ISLAND TO SEE THE AIRSHOW. MY DAUGHTER AND I HAD THE PRIVELEDGE OF DOING THE "FASHION SHOW" IN THE BEGGINING OF THE SHOW. ALL I COULD REMEMBER WAS THAT VINNY HAD RAN THE PLANE PRIOR TO THE DOG FIGHT AND EVERYTHING WENT FINE EARLIER IN THE SHOW. AT THE TIME OF THE DOGFIGHT, THE GERMAN PLANE CAME BACK FOR THE "SHOWDOWN" AND THE FRENCH PLANE DIDN'T COME BACK. MY DAUGHTER HEARD THE CRASH, WE STOOD UP AND THE SMOKE CAME FROM THE TOP OF THE TREES. THEN THE DEAD SILENCE TOOK OVER, WE KNEW AT THAT MOMENT SOMETHING WENT WRONG. WE STAYED ABOUT ANOTHER HOUR AFTER AND THE BAD NEWS CAME FROM THE LITTLE GIRL WHO HELPED US W/ OUR COSTUMES. ALL WE COULD DO IS CRY AND SEND OUR PRAYERS. THEN WE CAME TO FIND OUT THAT HE WAS A LONG ISLAND NATIVE. WHAT A TRAGIC LOSS FOR THE AERODROME, AND THE RIVERHEAD HIGH SCHOOL. OUR PRAYERS AND OUR THOUGHTS ARE WITH HIS FAMILY, STUDENT AND FRIENDS. GOD BLESS!!!!

Hello, have we met?

There were several hundred people at the funeral on Mon. -- so many they couldn't all fit into the church. Many high school students, graduates, pilots and friends. At the visiting times on both days over the weekend, the line stretched out the door and went for three blocks. A testament to just how loved he was, and how much of an inspiration to people.

I bought a bunch of Hershey bars -- but they tasted better when he gave me half of his!

I AM SOOOO VERY SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS, MY FAMILY AND I WERE THERE THAT DAY. I UNFORTUNATLEY DID NOT FIND OUT ABOUT THE FUNERAL UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE. YOU MAY NOT KNOW US, BUT WE WOULD HAVE BEEN THERE. EVEN THOUGH WE WERE NOT KNOWN BY YOU AND YOUR FAMILY, AT THAT MOMENT WHEN THE ACCIDENT HAPPENED WE ALL FELT CONNECTED AND OUR SORROW AND CONCERN HAD MADE US A FAMILY. WE SPOKE WITH THE ANNOUNCER AND STOOD IN PRAYER. MAY GOD BE WITH YOU AND YOURS ALWAYS!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back