CPAP Memory Unreliable

kontiki

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Kontiki
Just sharing a personal lesson. I've had memory chips go bad in the past and the machine memory I got at the sleep center saved me when I needed to produce compliance data.

Yesterday I realized the the CPAP memory from the sleep center showed non compliance for six months.

Fortunately, I'm in the habit of pulling the memory card and making backup reports every month. I recommend that everyone who needs to show compliance ensure they collect their own data. Just saying.

Another thing that is recommended: when removing the SD card, move the slide to write-protect it. After reading the data, remember to move the slide back when re-installing into the CPAP. Apparently some operating systems, when opening the card for reading, can write something, and the result is an SD card that ends up being corrupted either by the CPAP writing to an area with unexpected data, or not being able to read something that it expects to see.

Yes, getting regular backups is a good idea. And I haven't been doing that.

Use a machine that backs up the data daily to the cloud. Download compliance reports often.

This may be my problem but I am less and less a fan of expecting automation to perform as expected. I believe the human tendency is to see it work a few times, assume it no longer needs to be monitored until it fails. I see it in too many things. If something is important to me, I need to check it anyway. There is always an army of hyperactive skittle crazed programmers driven by marketing people making changes in the background. We live in the Matrix, the environment does sometime fail and attack us.

My resmed 10 and now my new 11 downloads the data though LTE using T-Mobile I think. I just go the myair website save off the PDF each month I noticed it shows greater then 6 hours compliance percentage as well as 4 hour. Used to only have 4 hour it makes it easy make sure I'm in compliance. My Resmed 11 didn't even come with a SD card I put it in anyway so I could use that OSCAR software.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back