CPAP Cleaners PiRep

Crashnburn

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Crashnburn
The typical CPAP cleaner uses Ozone to "clean" your CPAP equipment. If it's strong enough to actually clean the machine, the Ozone levels are hazardous. Otherwise you're wasting your money.

I had a So-Clean for less than a month, until it went toes-up. About all I could tell it did was make my canula smell bad. I did get my money back, less shipping.

A few months ago I found a cleaner that uses light, namely UV-C. It can't sterilize everything at once, but it will sterilize everything, a piece or two at a time. It's made by Lumin, and I found it on Amazon.
(I have no direct interest in either company.)

After the first time I used it, I could smell a lot of dead micro-organisms. The smell goes away after a few nights, and returns whenever I use it. My sinuses are a lot less clogged in the AMs since I started using it.

The So Clean, as you noted, is nothing more than than an oxygen concentrator and ionizer. It probably does an OK job of sterilization, and I supplement it with Q-tips and 70% isopropyl alcohol.

My barber has an ancient UV-C sterilizer. It looks like a small toaster oven with no door. His scissors and clipper heads are placed inside, and presumably become sterile at some point.

I clean my hose, mask, head gear, and nose pillow with a no-rinse sanitizer I use for beer brewing called Star-San. I always have a quantity on-hand so every so often I dunk my gear in my Star-San bucket for 2 mins (basically 1 oz of Star-san and roughly 3.5-4gal of water which creates a low pH solution).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back