Display name:
Dave Taylor
Dzuz
Southco
Camloc
Airloc (are they still around?)
C-spec
A-spec
are the last two knock-offs of the previous 2?

What other ones are available?

are the last two knock-offs of the previous 2?
The c-spec, a-spec, z-spec are I believe MilSpec (mfgr) version of the camloc, airloc, dzus fasteners and are usually marketed as "compatible" to the latter. I think Skybolt(?) also has a version called c-loc, z-loc, etc. There are some other quick-turn fasteners out there but they're more specialized then those on your current list. The important issue is not all fasteners perform equally given the purpose used.

Thanks,
I'm wanting to replace some #10 cs SS screws on the bottom cowl with quick release fasteners to improve access for maintenance.
Would like to use the existing holes of course...although the available receptacles do not all have 3/4" spacing.
Also the space available for the receptacle is a bit less than 1/2" so the smaller the better.

I'm wanting to replace some #10 cs SS screws on the bottom cowl with quick release fasteners
Check link below. If the specific page doesn't offer what you need, call them direct and explain. But keep in mind some cowling is considered structure depending on how the cowling interfaces to airframe which makes substituting quick turn fasteners a bit more of a challenge and may fall under 43 Appx A(a)(viii) Elements of an airframe including spars, ribs, fittings, shock absorbers, bracing, cowling, fairings, and balance weights.
https://store.skybolt.com/cowling-kits-replacement-conversion-screw-kits-c206.aspx

Last edited:
Some have latches

I did the cowl mod STC on a couple of Aztecs where you cut the lower cowl on each engine nacelle to facilitate removal. That one use the 4002 series camlocks which are probably too big for your application. The 2000 series, might be 2700 series something like that, are much smaller and might work for you.

IMG_20181128_103328506.jpg

Back