Cowboy Pilot

Well Cowboy Pilot claimed that he did that all the time. Sometime in areas where he would have had to been in two places at the same time.
I recall some of the claims but had never put two and two together.

I recall some of the claims but had never put two and two together.
2+2=4

Sorry you did not get up that high in your schooling ;)

There were other inconsistencies in his posts too. He claimed to be involved in rescue people in the Falklands.

I know for a fact that was not true. When the Falklands war broke out I was on Ascension Island in the middle of the Atlantic. That was a staging base for the British on their way into the Falklands.

The USA declared itself neutral and we were ordered off of the island with less than 24 hours notice. One of our guys was goofing off and we could not locate him. He got stuck there for almost 6 months. There were only two flights to catch, RAF going to the Falklands and injured people coming back. He was a very low priority and he stayed on the island. To solve the issue of his military status he was discharged to the inactive reserve while he was there. He was reinstated upon his return to the US and finished off his term.

If the military was going that far out of its way to avoid an appearance of choosing sides I doubt Cowboy Pilot's story.

My doubt was finally confirmed by another who know of an event that Cowboy Pilot claimed to have supported but was actually there when the event happened and he blew holes in Cowboy's story.

Then there was some issues with timeliness that are questionable. Especially about his age. If my memory serves he claimed to have been in battle that would have made him about 60 during the Falklands war. That did not pass the common sense test to me.

But the last one that really got me going was when he posted a picture of himself. He said that picture was from a long time ago. But the collar insignia on the jacket that he was wearing was not approved for enlisted use until the 1990's. He was wearing what would have been officer insignia.

This is not rank insignia but the initial U.S. Up until the 1990's in the USAF enlisted people wore the U.S. with a circle around it and officers had the U.S. without the circle. Sometime in the late 1990's that changed so that Sr. NCO wore the U.S. without the circle. So there was no way that picture was from the time period he said it was.

It started to look like Cowboy Pilot was manufactured and soon after an allegation was made with Cowboy quickly leaving.

No need for me to put for all that kind of junk to seek out pride. Knowing what my dad was part of is plenty for me. I just wish I had known when he was still here.

So, I won't get into my being one of the first F-22 IPs.

Scott, the biggest problem with the photo of "him and his wife" was that it was actually a photo of a REAL PJ and HIS wife... pulled off the 'net straight from the PJ's website. :(

Lest we forget.....
We also had HWMNBN!!:hairraise:

Our young Texas rotorhead and expert on weight loss, other medical issues and aircraft leasebacks.
Except he was a real person, with a real birthdate, named Jason Hegel....now of Plano, TX. IIRC he was thrown off of Ebay or some such. It was pretty outrageous.

Last edited:
Don't you have a love letter to Mary Lou Retton to go write? :D:D
Nawww... but if I can be certain that Edoaurd would turn toward Brownsville, I need to take my water bed apart. :)

That ain't likely! :eek:

002734W_sm.gif

Nawww... but if I can be certain that Edoaurd would turn toward Brownsville, I need to take my water bed apart. :)

That ain't likely! :eek:

002734W_sm.gif

Man I hate that the coast is gonna get pounded, but man we need that rain around here!

Man I hate that the coast is gonna get pounded, but man we need that rain around here!
But, couldn't we get it AFTER I'm moved and settled?

If I were already there, you'd probably blame me for bringing it with me. :)

If I were already there, you'd probably blame me for bringing it with me. :)

Are you kidding...if you managed to bring rain, you'd be given a parade. :D

Back on topic.. I don't understand people who have to invent a past. We had one in our academy class. He bragged all the way through the academy that he was a Navy Seal in Vietnam. I cornered him one day and pointed out that he'd have had to have been 12 when he served, so he could dispense of the stories because no one believed him. He wasn't very fond of me after that. I don't know how the man ever passed a background check, and he barely passed his licensing exam. We literally had a pool going on how bad he'd flunk the thing. No one placed a bet that he'd pass. Thankfully, he never made it through the FTO program. I looked him up in the licensing database not too long ago, and he apparently never got commissioned, good. He's probably trolling the internet posing as a Ex-PJ/Ex-DEA/Pilot now. :rolleyes:

Back on topic.. I don't understand people who have to invent a past. We had one in our academy class. He bragged all the way through the academy that he was a Navy Seal in Vietnam. I cornered him one day and pointed out that he'd have had to have been 12 when he served, so he could dispense of the stories because no one believed him. He wasn't very fond of me after that. I don't know how the man ever passed a background check, and he barely passed his licensing exam. We literally had a pool going on how bad he'd flunk the thing. No one placed a bet that he'd pass. Thankfully, he never made it through the FTO program. I looked him up in the licensing database not too long ago, and he apparently never got commissioned, good. He's probably trolling the internet posing as a Ex-PJ/Ex-DEA/Pilot now. :rolleyes:

There was an elected city official in a nearby city who got nailed last year (I think) about his background. He claimed all kinds of military glory and had managed to get a special license plate for one of his "Awards". Turns out he was a liar. He is being charged with several crimes related to his lies now.

I teach scuba and I cannot tell you the number of so called "Navy Divers" and former "Seals" I have trained. The funny thing is that almost every single one of them cannot swim to save their life and almost always panic the second they take their mask off underwater.

Was JD the guy who used to leave "in a huff" every so often? It seemed like an attention ploy at the various times. I'm getting him confused with Cowboy Pilot - were they one and the same?

Was JD the guy who used to leave "in a huff" every so often? It seemed like an attention ploy at the various times. I'm getting him confused with Cowboy Pilot - were they one and the same?
I can't recall him doing that....at least not often enough to draw attention. I could be wrong though.

I can't recall him doing that....at least not often enough to draw attention. I could be wrong though.

Elizabeth,

JD = Cowboy pilot

As for JD getting snippy about something I seem to recall him on at least one occasion having some little issue about the way the site was configured. I cannot recall the details and I may be wrong that it was JD. All I can really find in the archives is a post from me to him that seems to indicate a solution to a problem he was having.

Back on topic.. I don't understand people who have to invent a past. We had one in our academy class. ...
Not the same but I'm reminded. I remember a guy in my (adult) Physics class who constantly asked nonsensical questions using large words that he clearly didn't understand.

"What does "rho" mean to you, professor?" (Asked in 15 sentences)

"Prof: ??? Rho is a greek letter that stands for a common term. .."

He thought he was erudite. I was not at all surprised when he dropped the class after a few sessions. :D

OK. There was a guy here who used to leave in a huff every so often if people didn't agree with him. I can't remember his name now though! I don't think it was JD/Cowboy Pilot, but I'll be darned if I can remember who he was though.

He was someone that no one ever actually met on the board though, I remember that.

ps. plus he used to change his name. He was W O'Boogie for a while and denied that he was "that other guy".

OK. There was a guy here who used to leave in a huff every so often if people didn't agree with him. I can't remember his name now though! I don't think it was JD/Cowboy Pilot, but I'll be darned if I can remember who he was though.

He was someone that no one ever actually met on the board though, I remember that.

ps. plus he used to change his name. He was W O'Boogie for a while and denied that he was "that other guy".

His name is Kevin Peterson and I did in fact meet him in person. He was in town a couple of years ago to tend to some family matters in Orange Park, and we met for lunch. Good guy.

JD/Cowboy Pilot was the guy who did all this special military work and would bring up all of his military prowess and such. He did know a bit about flying but his other stories always had a few little holes in it. Like not having the timelines right or some little factual thing that did not pass muster with someone else who had the same or similar background.

Last edited:
Well some things, particularly military equipment, does change over time. At OSH I was talking to a couple of Coasties and mentioned that I'd been at AirStation Cape May with the HH-65s and we talked about training at Elizabeth City. The stuff the swimmers have now and do now (OMG it was almost 18 years ago when I left active duty) is amazing. Aside from the basics (swimming, hand signals, and staying away from the whirling blades) I would be hopeless as a swimmer nowadays.

JD was in fact an impersonator having fun with some spare time, but the true identiity is now known: SP, and her capabilities are still legendary!

Those poor French Canadians . . .

(Purely for entertainment value, in no way SZ related, but pull it if you must :no:)

Last edited by a moderator:
JD was in fact an impersonator having fun with some spare time, but the true identiity is now known: JP, and her capabilities are still legendary!

Those poor French Canadians . . .

(Purely for entertainment value, in no way SZ related, but pull it if you must :no:)

What about French Canadians..???

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, my effort to join an old fray as a newbie has failed.

1. From what I read, CowboyPilot was known also by the initials JD.
2. JD apparently let it be known that he was a man about town, had "been there, done that, got the shell casings to prove it" or some such thing.
3. Sarah Palin (SP, trying to be relevant, using initials) is being hailed as quite the belle of the ball herself, having been elevated to the status of Chuck Norris or Jack Bauer, depending.
4. A website detailing her super-human capabilities has been established: palinfacts.com where many of the previous one-liners for Norris and Bauer have been recycled, but some new ones in an appropriate political or topical vein have been included.
5. I tried to be clever with all this using hyper links and such, so as not to put possible Spin Zone material into the Pilot's Lounge. I am obviously not as clever as I thought. :rolleyes:
6. My favorite SP-isms from the above site:

Sarah Palin uses French Canadians as bait when she fishes for giant king salmon.

Sarah Palin can divide by zero.

(thus, my earlier follow up)

7. I'm not worthy, back to lurking . . . :(

Back