COVID-WTF Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that I am technically a year too young to be a millennial, and probably too young to have an opinion on this, but I think a huge problem with us "young'uns" is we put way too much stock into what everyone thinks of us.

Appreciate that insight.

Typed up some response stuff but can’t relate it to the thread so I dumped it. LOL.

Super short version: Ask for raises. Replacing good people absolutely sucks. Not enough young people do this. No time for pats on the head, definitely no time to do twenty interviews when you leave for greener pastures!

Y’all are needed and appreciated much more than you think.

Um....I clicked on this expecting memes. Where are they OR does meme stand for Must Eviscerate Millennials Everyday?

Um....I clicked on this expecting memes. Where are they OR does meme stand for Must Eviscerate Millennial Everyday?

This is the “WTF” thread for stories that make you facepalm. There’s a specific meme thread also. :)

Um....I clicked on this expecting memes. Where are they OR does meme stand for Must Eviscerate Millennials Everyday?
Your acronym is funny, but you're on the wrong thread. lol

Still on my first cup of coffee.

Me... rummages through a hundred ‘Rona memes...

There it is! :)

55760e26c558ddda49a100ab3f89e598.jpg

The drift started w/ me smacking my head over observing folks proclaiming in Walmart that they were using their COVID ajd money to buy TVs and video game consoles. That was a WTF moment for me and I posted it. The people doing so were NOT millennials, at least by best visual guess.

This somehow led someone else to post a link to an article written by a wealthy millennial about how hard millennials have it. That was another WTF moment for me.

The WTF is still strong in the thread. The link to COVID may have drifted a bit.

For the record, I'm a boomer born at the tail end of the boom. I've raised two millennials and all that entails.

I'm technically at the end of the boomers as well, but I was a kid during the Summer of Love, etc. Damn. :(

I identify more with Gen X.

I'll give you a WTF. I went to Safeway this morning and the woman in front of me in the checkout line was not only wearing a mask, she was wearing some sort of homemade face shield that looked like one of those transparent 8 1/2" x 11" report covers. Safeway was mostly stocked. They had big off-brand packages of TP, but I didn't need any.

Everybody's looking for enemies when they should be looking for allies!

@DavidWhite A quick followup... the entire tone of that article struck me as more than a bit biased, so I clicked on the author's bio... here it is. Very informative...

Hillary Hoffower
Hillary is the first to report on millennial wealth for Business Insider, covering the lifestyles and financial behaviors of millennials.

She often covers trends in how millennials are living and spending, ....

What a riot! I guess if your frame of reference involves european vacations and 150k home remodels, then indignities like driving a used Kia, carrying a base model android phone or sharing an apartment fresh out of college can get you depressed.

I'm technically at the end of the boomers as well, but I was a kid during the Summer of Love, etc. Damn. :(

I identify more with Gen X.
Same here. I remember being called the "apathetic generation". I also remember people my age complaining that all the jobs (and the fun) had been taken by the older boomers. So angst when young is nothing new.

I’m sick and tired of my tax dollars supporting corporate welfare and helping billionaires buy new yachts, but I don’t have a choice. I’d much rather my tax dollars buy some poor kid an xbox.
I'm for help for everyone, equally, or no one, equally.
I get no check this time, never have gotten a stimulus check.

Adding to the general WTF... quite a bit of evidence coming out that the photo of the Denver “nurses” blocking traffic, weren’t nurses at all. Just dudes wearing the masks wrong who dressed the part.

I’ve been digging into details half the morning and noticed a number of oddities with the people who shot the photo and videos, and can’t find any “news” agency who had identified the two. None of which call them (properly) “alleged” healthcare workers.

The main WTF is that intersection. Not on any main path to the Capitol area and a long way from Denver Health, if I’ve figured out which corner it is.

But of course, people not from here wouldn’t know that, so... dunno. Feels staged considering the joggers walking casually by and how many people are hanging around. That a wedding photographer was handy, and got the low angle (dramatic!) shot without catching the video guy also standing right there, and missing all the non-“essentials” hanging out on the other side of the street, gawking (seen in the videos), is kinda telling also.

Because the wedding photographer must have been “essential” to be there as well as the “software engineer” who’s video was tagged instantly with press release info the second he uploaded it...

Something seriously fishy about that whole thing.

Holy crap ... oil price just went negative...

We gonna social distance ourselves back to the Stone Age.

Nothing from the media can be trusted. NOTHING!

I know. I know. I just don’t like the weird response that one is getting from even friends in other *countries* over on Fakebook. LOL.

I mentioned some of those details, it was right here in my hometown after all, and they lost their minds.

It’s really really creepy.

Holy crap ... oil price just went negative...

We gonna social distance ourselves back to the Stone Age.

Heard that too. Wild.

Buy buy buy..!!!!

Oh wait, how do I buy something that has negative value.??

I'd be happy to take ownership of as many 55 gallon drums as will fit on my property. It'll cost you $5/barrel to pay me to take them. I'm open until 5pm.

I don't want no gubmint money. That's coming out of my taxes anyway, so it's MY money.

Thank God I don't qualify anyway.

That’s kinda what my wife looks like after a shift if you don’t feed her quick! LOL.

Her comment about the photo was, considering her work schedule literally hasn’t changed since any of this started was...

“Who has time for that? I guess it was a weekend day but scrubs and wasting N95 masks getting them contaminated outside? Who does that?”

Dou
Can't remember....maybe it was Heinlein...never elect someone who really wants the office. Always elect the person you have to drag kicking and screaming because they'll do a better job so they can leave as fast as possible.

Douglas Adams in one of his Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy books

I haven't been keeping up with all the posts lately, but I'm trying to catch up.
But y’all paid for roughly half of my portion of the trip to Mayo to get a correct diagnosis and new treatment that’s working.

So there. Pbbbbt.
I am happy to have contributed to this. Congratulations and I hope it keeps working. Really.
<snip>

Government throwing money about willy nilly, is going to go all sorts of odd places.
My stimulus check is going entirely to people that deserve it. That means people that work hard but don't make much money for their labors.
We are ordering more take-out and giving the lonely employees huge tips.
I gave my lawn guy $100 this morning because I know he has lost a couple of jobs and his wife was laid off.

Here’s hoping some of you can spend it on 100LL!!
Still spending on that, but I don't consider that stimulus money. I would have spent that any way. My money is going to people that need it. The cool part, is that I decide who that is instead of the government.

Freakin idiots on both sides of the crosswalk:rolleyes:

ROFL! Yup.

Other nursely wisdom was after my wife saw the photo claiming to be someone in a hospital, alert, but intubated (no, they yank it out) holding a sign that said “someone please think about the economy”.

Wife looks at that and says, “They wouldn’t leave the damn tube down her throat if she woke up, and protocol says you get the intubated patient flat, lying on their left side with their heart down and legs elevated slightly, if at all possible.”

Of course the girl also looks super healthy with lovely skin tone and quite alert and emotional, for someone who just woke up after days of dangerously low O2 levels too, which we both remarked... maybe... to. But I’d have to go back and see if they remembered to remove all of her makeup before the glamour shot. LOL! Was days ago we made fun of it here at home.

So many fake photos and total crocks of crap floating around at this point and nobody who actually knows things has time to refute it all.

LOL. Cluster... efffff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back