Covid-Free Picnic at Sedona!

Rgbeard

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
rgbeard
So, quarantine is driving us a little crazy at times, and we're doing what we can to cope.

Talking to Pilawt on chat, we came up with a great idea:

“Imagine this: you and your bride, my wife and I. We fly separately to Sez.
One of us rents a car and or we have them deliver food to airport.
We picnic at the airport somewhere
Uber can deliver the food without us getting in a car
Have this great social distancing picnic!!
For Fri 4/24?
Just called local restaurant. They WILL deliver to airport.”

And so it began.

T17bFPCHxrUPJLQfdVJsgDOi0RD1wdtu1isYGGN4VafdbOnrMcJTTv9gjU2OWCB9jVWBxOCPuw6MCSH3Q47WYcBjqr-v7p3IgI9yFvBmFqG_QK95qWh9HyV2aIaE8DiXl8s5zBZ-ew=w1024

r9pPWM-xCj24CiMPF_dJvmYx9LNmLjCEbg2CiBUu5Iev3OGBNHxPtxjuaOVjvQbdsVlkwIRLJLFQW1g5xjpBFkXgftz2qzHFxfcAHjmh2QAjehzG_ytFV0d7astnE1VdisiuAoCUjQ=w1024

u0tBnHbw8uGqzIsFkbjO5LXYy0btGqnJTcsbhvpw90yNTP2aIChDYmvt7fhQdq5SdCn_KTJER7uaEBCCuznm9BIP92WYxqCXUFZ8qKePfLkONIFY1S7BHkfQ8gXCg4m619_h4Z9whg=w1024

Landed and buttoning-up.

T7opEB5f80YrO5PhI521L__p9jI7HW0fwdq9jv9wNjnnO4QJmmQ7iTDorOGKQpM2Jze-doKTAaaVvesWUSSPGpGH-GMDcRHyDVpCSwSYNiuocLnDNJQZh8ZsYqWOCINPpY-9YFzyag=w1024

Almost time to eat!!

UslH6uKM4p5e25AQwgC_Va1EIUvM_bAMiNa1C0jUBYcE5qTDQRVfz5EOjoo2bYxzqjvwfgnQXRU7JmZjOaiW0KEYCqy0RiBpxb9bEXWz9xqv4j3HnY9ghpMDNzMsZ16nVnpue2LoKg=w1024

The local restaurant included a free roll of toilet paper with every order!

Qo7aYHwMFGN7FC-KVabFGCMRZvQFevQZcn8wWWGRN0gKHNi85UAnI-mjNgjAurd_2L3MMzidXaCHdAuMJYDSDtGQoUWMv9spxzRoN0ZShcrtchz-hJoG3--5ZBKf0FsLkdA_fx22Bw=w1024

We were just down in Sedona in early March. Got home just in time, too. Looks like you had fun.

I meant to ask, what did y’all get to eat?

So did I ever come up? <sniff>

My friends forgot about me already. :(

I couldn't have come anyway as my plane is down for avionics/interior upgrades. Glad you guys had a great time.

I meant to ask, what did y’all get to eat?

Food came from : Creekside American Bistro. https://creeksidesedona.com

They operate the restaurant on-field at the airport, but it's closed right now. This is their "sister" restaurant.

Pilawt and Mrs. P each had the White Cheddar Cheeseburger.

My wife and I each ordered the Cuban Sandwich.

We ordered wine for take-away from the picnic.

Dessert was purchased in Phoenix, and transported up - two chocolate mousse desserts from J.L. Patisserie.

Sure glad there was no video of my landing on 21 at SEZ. There were some sporty winds ... :oops:

Otherwise it was perfect at Sedona - temp in the mid 80s, compared to 100 back home in PHX.

Sure glad there was no video of my landing on 21 at SEZ. There were some sporty winds ... :oops:

Otherwise it was perfect at Sedona - temp in the mid 80s, compared to 100 back home in PHX.

My wifey made a video of our landing. Somehow.... it got deleted.

As a great pilot once told me.... That wasn't a landing, that was an arrival.

You were landing on 21?? Trying to run off the end

You were landing on 21?? Trying to run off the end
When we were 25 miles out ASOS was calling wind 6-7 knots favoring 21. By the time we landed it was considerably stronger and gusty, so the downslope was the least of our concerns. It was entertaining to watch that Piaggio turboprop land on 21, as well. :D

Back