Could you speak louder? There's a brawl going on in here.

Rigged4Flight

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Rigged4Flight
It's sometimes hilarious for me to read through a PoA thread about some nuance of aviation, gleaning facts/figures/insight and experience from a wide variety of pilots and students. But every single thread I read, somewhere in the back of my mind I'm doing a mental countdown to the moment when the PoA brawl will break out. Someone will inevitably take extreme exception to the precise wording of something someone else said and the swinging and punching and eye gouging and scratching will commence! Of course, most of the time the thread keeps on going, so we end up with an attempt at maintaining an on-topic conversation while this desperate fight to the death is playing out in the background (or foreground, depending on whether the TS is involved or not).

Sometimes it's just really unnecessary and distracting, but a lot of the time I just have to laugh at the predictability of it all! :rofl:

Sometimes it's just really unnecessary and distracting, but a lot of the time I just have to laugh at the predictability of it all! :rofl:

Either this forum is to diverse, or I am just to new, but in many other forums, I can just read the OP, and pretty much guess who is going to be the people arguing there points.

Kind of fun :)

Either this forum is to diverse, or I am just to new, but in many other forums, I can just read the OP, and pretty much guess who is going to be the people arguing there points.

Kind of fun :)
Yup. I have to watch myself. I frequently type something out and end up deleting half of it before I click the "submit" button. It's just so darn easy to verbally punch somebody for something, when a simple reply with your viewpoint or a link to an authoritative source on the subject would be more effective and much less distracting.

--- just so nobody gets unduly upset, I am in no way trying to "call out" anyone on their posting style. This is just something I've noticed since I started coming here. (and I'm as guilty as anyone else)

Last edited:
As a FNG, I agree with you.

One nice thing about this board and the Red Board is that the info posts far outweigh the "your wrong I'm right" contests. Other boards I visit are either too sterile which is OK or dominated by arguments about angels on the head of a pin which I then stop visiting since it is a PITA to get anything useful.

These two boards have right balance to me of good solid comments with enough of the occasional rabble rousing to keep it from being a lecture series.:wink2:

Cheers

Isn't that funny. And it doesn't matter whether the topic is controversial or not, there will be SOMEONE that will disagree with you.

I think you just have to learn not to take things personal here.

If you treat the forum as a group of helpfull opinions there is no need to argue.A difference of opinion is always appreciated when doing research. Just my opinion Thanks Ron

Don't you mean "too diverse" and "too new"?

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist)

I had one of them as "too", and the other as "to", was not sure which one was right, so changed them both to "to", as I felt I would get less flack for being incorrect if that was the wrong usage.

Something I have not brought up here... I am dyslexic. Not to the point where I do things out of order, but letters in words are often out of order.

It won't impact my flying, but it does impact my spelling. Being that spelling was so much more difficult for me going up, I didn't really learn it.

Anyone who has read much of what I have written here, could probably tell something was up.

This is the longest I have gone on a forum, before someone pointed it out (and then it was just a joke). So that's awesome! :)

I had one of them as "too", and the other as "to", was not sure which one was right, so changed them both to "to", as I felt I would get less flack for being incorrect if that was the wrong usage.

Something I have not brought up here... I am dyslexic. Not to the point where I do things out of order, but letters in words are often out of order.

It won't impact my flying, but it does impact my spelling. Being that spelling was so much more difficult for me going up, I didn't really learn it.

Anyone who has read much of what I have written here, could probably tell something was up.

This is the longest I have gone on a forum, before someone pointed it out (and then it was just a joke). So that's awesome! :)

I just thought you were Australian or Scottish...:lol:

I would never have known if you hadn't said something.

I have a lot of words that for some reason or another I habitually misspell. I installed an add-on to my Firefox browser that automatically checks my spelling as I type. Anything that I goof up gets a little wavy red line under that word. All I have to do is right-click on the word and I get a list of suggested (correctly spelled) words. Click the right word and it fixes my goof. It honestly could not be easier.

If you use Firefox, you can get the add-on here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/united-states-english-spellche/
Just click "Add To Firefox" and let it install and you're good to go. ;)

Fastest way to start a fight here is tell someone you think that an iPad with Foreflight is a lame excuse for a NAV system.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think an iPad with Foreflight is a lame excuse for a NAV system.

Isn't that funny. And it doesn't matter whether the topic is controversial or not, there will be SOMEONE that will disagree with you.

I think you just have to learn not to take things personal here.

I disagree. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

The overhead is simply showing off and if you have to use "laptop" navigation over the installed avionics you shouldn't be a PIC! :goofy:

I think everybody should file a flight plan, for every flight.

It's sometimes hilarious for me to read through a PoA thread about some nuance of aviation, gleaning facts/figures/insight and experience from a wide variety of pilots and students. But every single thread I read, somewhere in the back of my mind I'm doing a mental countdown to the moment when the PoA brawl will break out. Someone will inevitably take extreme exception to the precise wording of something someone else said and the swinging and punching and eye gouging and scratching will commence! Of course, most of the time the thread keeps on going, so we end up with an attempt at maintaining an on-topic conversation while this desperate fight to the death is playing out in the background (or foreground, depending on whether the TS is involved or not).

:mad:

I am offended by your post. Not sure why, but give me an hour and I'll find a reason. ;)

:rofl:

Yup. I have to watch myself. I frequently type something out and end up deleting half of it before I click the "submit" button. It's just so darn easy to verbally punch somebody for something, when a simple reply with your viewpoint or a link to an authoritative source on the subject would be more effective and much less distracting.

--- just so nobody gets unduly upset, I am in no way trying to "call out" anyone on their posting style. This is just something I've noticed since I started coming here. (and I'm as guilty as anyone else)

Amen to all of that.

uuuhmmmm...

...Henning is just a figment of our collective imagination, but if you say his name three times, he will appear...

...in bed with your sister.

uuuhmmmm...

...Henning is just a figment of our collective imagination, but if you say his name three times, he will appear...

So... which sister are we talking about? :dunno:

:lol:

uuuhmmmm...

I don't have a sister.... will he be in bed with my brother? :nono:

Not that there is anything wrong with that. :dunno:

:lol:

I buy all my office stuff at Staples so don't remove them

Cheers

uuuhmmmm...

Beds are boring...hood of your car maybe:popcorn:

Back