Cost for 330 to 330es upgrade

TimRF79

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Tim
does anyone here know what the cost are to get ADS-B out with the 330 to 330es upgrade
I got a 430WAAS and a 330, the shop had send the 330 to Garmin for the upgrade to a 330es. Now the shop claims there are wires to run on top of the Garmin fee.
I thought the Garmin fee was all there is to be paid, any experience?

It wouldn't surprise me that more pins are needed to pass the position info to the 330ES and the TIS-B info to the 430W.

I'd ask @Jesse Saint.

One RS232 output from the 430W to the 330ES for ADSB+ format. There may already be a wire from the 430W to the 330, but it’s likelt set as a different format and going to other devices as well. I have never seen a plane that didn’t need the extra wire.

Thanks for the info
I did not know about that extra wire

Garmin upgrades the box,your avionics tech,makes it work.

One RS232 output from the 430W to the 330ES for ADSB+ format. There may already be a wire from the 430W to the 330, but it’s likelt set as a different format and going to other devices as well. I have never seen a plane that didn’t need the extra wire.
and software upgrades..my 530W needed attention and wires....I just did mine. I needed RS232 and GPS source and audio to the 330ES. You want traffic on your 430W and audio out....

Back