Corrosion is where ya find it.

I don't see it as a problem.
There's a % chance that you're introducing dissimilar metals when blasting, and you don't see it as a possible problem. Maybe that's why we have a sign on our cabinet saying "not for aluminum aircraft parts" or something to that effect.

Quick change of topic if you don't mind. Tom, I've been following you for years, here and on the Red Board and wish I could have you to work on my plane. So please don't take this the wrong way. I just read again the importance of getting a good pre-buy/annual when buying a plane. So, how would you answer a request for another mechanic to do an annual on this 150 when you have it in pristine condition an know it is in perfect condition. Just wondering.
Thanks, Denis

Quick change of topic if you don't mind. Tom, I've been following you for years, here and on the Red Board and wish I could have you to work on my plane. So please don't take this the wrong way. I just read again the importance of getting a good pre-buy/annual when buying a plane. So, how would you answer a request for another mechanic to do an annual on this 150 when you have it in pristine condition an know it is in perfect condition. Just wondering.
Thanks, Denis
They'd be welcome to look. :) but there will be a limit as to what they disassemble.

Last edited:
Ya know guys, pay now or later. Cheap charlie airplanes cost more than nicer ones in the long run. I rather pay 100k for one without issues than 50k for one that needs 100k of work due to such issues.

Back