Coronavirus Memes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst are the people who buy paper plates and napkins with the flag on them for their Independence Day party. Wiping your mouth with the flag and then tossing it...

I am glad to know I am not the only one who feels this way. I usually look for the napkins that come from those that bring Taco Bell or McDonalds to the picnic....

A picture or print of a flag ≠ a flag.

I think its pretty clear, they even spell it out :

(d)
The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery.

I think its pretty clear, they even spell it out :

(d)
The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery.

You are correct. "The flag..." Show me an example of one of the images above where a flag is being used as anything.

You are correct. "The flag..." Show me an example of one of the images above where a flag is being used as anything.

You are down to a 'it depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is' level of argument.

Go re-open the pet peeves thread guys. Sheesh. Post memes here.

8b8fc1c67ab29a67db8424ea766cf904.jpg

Go re-open the pet peeves thread guys. Sheesh. Post memes here.

8b8fc1c67ab29a67db8424ea766cf904.jpg

yeah, my kid is in high school band. Received the e-mail this week about the official band mask, with different openings depending on type of instrument. Without a mask or filter on the other end of the instrument, I don’t see the point.

You are down to a 'it depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is' level of argument.

Not at all. A flag is a flag and a picture or a print of something that resembles a flag is simply a picture or a print of something that resembles a flag and is not a flag.

Are you as upset about the "Forever" stamps from the USPS?

I am not picking nits. The code is abundantly clear that a flag shall not be disrespected, and after 20+ years of military service, I fully agree. On the other hand, I am not so fanatical as to see a picture of a flag used in a manner contrary to the US Flag Code and go over the deep end.

Not at all. A flag is a flag and a picture or a print of something that resembles a flag is simply a picture or a print of something that resembles a flag and is not a flag.

Are you as upset about the "Forever" stamps from the USPS?

I am not picking nits. The code is abundantly clear that a flag shall not be disrespected, and after 20+ years of military service, I fully agree. On the other hand, I am not so fanatical as to see a picture of a flag used in a manner contrary to the US Flag Code and go over the deep end.

So I guess the gal in the flag sweatpants is not wearing a 'flag' but just a 'picture of a flag'. Or something like that.

So I guess the gal in the flag sweatpants is not wearing a 'flag' but just a 'picture of a flag'. Or something like that.

Now you are starting to understand... How many stripes are there on those pants?

4cdu85.jpg
Not to derail this wonderful thread even further, but I'm assuming a person who is so offended by the wiping of one's mouth with a napkin emblazoned with the image of a flag, or someone wearing pants with an image of a flag on them, would be just as offended by someone, say, holding a model of a president's severed head, or, say, hanging or burning a life-sized cardboard image of a president? An image is just like the real thing, eh?

4cdu85

Not all images are created equal.

Not to derail this wonderful thread even further, but I'm assuming a person who is so offended by the wiping of one's mouth with a napkin emblazoned with the image of a flag, or someone wearing pants with an image of a flag on them, would be just as offended by someone, say, holding a model of a president's severed head, or, say, hanging or burning a life-sized cardboard image of a president? An image is just like the real thing, eh?

4cdu85
Nobody said an image couldn’t be offensive. They only said an image is not a flag.

Reactions: smv
Nobody said an image couldn’t be offensive. They only said an image is not a flag.
That's my point... maybe I just stated it poorly. Eating off an image of a flag is not the same as eating off a flag... and burning a cardboard cutout of a person is not the same as burning a person. That's all I was trying to say. If, politically, you're OK with burning people in effigy with whom you don't agree, you also need to be OK with people eating off an image of a flag. Plus, the people eating off the flag image are MUCH less likely to be intentionally showing any disrespect.

AGAIN, the meme thread is for memes, not discussion about the flag code, or anything else. MEMES only. The MC will discuss whether of not we want to go to the trouble of cleaning up this thread and reopening, or not, since people obviously can't follow instructions here.

Edit: closed permanently by MC vote.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back