Corona, CA

jesse

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jesse
Anyone from Corona that could potentially look at an airplane for me that I'm moderately interested in?

How big a hurry are you in? I'm flying into Flabob (KRIR) on the 23rd (next Saturday) and could stop at Corona on the way back to San Diego.

'Gimp

I used to live there, but can't help you now.

Is this the one I sent you? :D

Yes, I've got logbook pics on the way. It hasn't been flown in ten years though, condition inspection was done this June, but still wasn't flown after.. So it's probably a POS...hard to say without seeing it.

Yes, I've got logbook pics on the way. It hasn't been flown in ten years though, condition inspection was done this June, but still wasn't flown after.. So it's probably a POS...hard to say without seeing it.

Isn't Corona dryish?

Isn't Frank Holbert from Corona? Not sure where he hangs out now. I think the Purple Board.

That's a understatement. Doubt it'll have much corrosion.

Is it a flybaby???

I think I want one after all the talk here.

Dan

Yep, happy to look at something for ya.

I may even know the thing already :)

Anyone from Corona that could potentially look at an airplane for me that I'm moderately interested in?

I'm probably going to be at Corona tomorrow or Wednesday to pick up my bird from maintenance. I can either take a look at it myself, or if you want pro eyes on it, I can give you the name and number of my A&P/IA there.

Send me a PM with info.

Jeff

Except when it's flooded, like it was 10 years ago. Was this an AJO flood victim?
My first thought when reading the post. The flood was Dec 2010 if I remember correctly, it wiped out a good amount of planes.

There has been more than one flood. There will be more in the future. It is in the floodplain behind a major damn that just had its elevation raised.

The one I was thinking of was in late 2004 or early 2005 (there were actually two flood events that year).

Interesting airport... I've flown to a few times now. Not much going on though besides a tiny cafe and that's about all I can think of. It does get really windy in the afternoon sometimes because of its position just beyond the throat of the Santa Ana Canyon. I've heard the fuel is really cheap though.

Good luck with the plane. I imagine there may be some serious water damage if it were in one of the floods.

Last edited:
Some of the planes only suffered landing gear damage from submersion, but any plane sitting that long can have serious issues.

I would hardly say there is not much going on at AJO. It is quite busy on the weekends, and is home to a number of mechanics, a paint shop and engine shop (interior shop too, I think). Ultralights and helicopters mix in to keep it interesting. NORDO traffic also not unusual.

Jeff

Interesting airport... I've flown to a few times now. Not much going on though besides a tiny cafe and that's about all I can think of. It does get really windy in the afternoon sometimes because of its position just beyond the throat of the Santa Ana Canyon. I've heard the fuel is really cheap though.
Isn't that where Aircraft Spruce is located? I think I went there (by car) with another pilot who wanted to buy something there. Then we checked out the airport. I remember it as being a place where airplanes went to die. Many were sitting on flat tires. This was more than 10 years ago, probably before the flood.

Yes, Spruce is located a short drive from the field (they'll pick you up).

Sure, there are several ramp queens at AJO, but that is because the tiedowns are among the cheapest in the area.

Back