Copilot Checklist

stagecoachco

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Tony B
Stolen from another forum:

25bf57ca-ed21-4ba7-b1a6-71041bf6fef5.jpg

A friend of mine took a young man for his first airplane ride today. The pilot demonstrated some interesting maneuvers along the way and as a result, the two of them spent about an hour today cleaning breakfast off the instrument panel, the carpet, and everything else in the front of the aircraft.

Obviously the passenger violated rule #2.

No way I'd instruct in that airplane... no wait, maybe if I had the guy for a BFR I'd ask him whether he thought that sign added or subtracted to his level of safety.

I think a lot of touchy-feely stuff is BS, and I understand that there can only be one commander, but any commander who tells his subordinates they're worthless is an idiot. If they are worthless, you either correct them or relieve them.

In the ambulance:

"Well, I saw that other airplane coming right at us, but didn't think you wanted me to say anything."

No way I'd instruct in that airplane... no wait, maybe if I had the guy for a BFR I'd ask him whether he thought that sign added or subtracted to his level of safety.

I think a lot of touchy-feely stuff is BS, and I understand that there can only be one commander, but any commander who tells his subordinates they're worthless is an idiot. If they are worthless, you either correct them or relieve them.

And here I thought it was supposed to be a joke. :idea:

Isn't it? :confused:

And here I thought it was supposed to be a joke. :idea:

Isn't it? :confused:
I wish it were. I flew once in the F-111 with a pilot whose brief to his wingman was, "I don't want to hear anything from you but 'Two,' "Bingo,' or 'Mayday,'" and whose brief to me was, "Do what I tell you, read me the checklists when I call for them, and otherwise do and say nothing." And yes, he was entirely serious -- almost ripped my head off when, out of habit and training, I made the 60-knot call-out on takeoff required by the book. After that, it was zip-lip for the rest of the flight. Not a very effective mission, either.

my personal favorite...on a friend's Breezy.

Attachments

• Ulysses_Mem_2010 281.jpg
    Ulysses_Mem_2010 281.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 76
Gear up, flaps up, shut up.

I wish it were. I flew once in the F-111 with a pilot whose brief to his wingman was, "I don't want to hear anything from you but 'Two,' "Bingo,' or 'Mayday,'" and whose brief to me was, "Do what I tell you, read me the checklists when I call for them, and otherwise do and say nothing." And yes, he was entirely serious -- almost ripped my head off when, out of habit and training, I made the 60-knot call-out on takeoff required by the book. After that, it was zip-lip for the rest of the flight. Not a very effective mission, either.

Where's the placard in "fake" german that says something like, "das buttons ist nicht gerfingerzpokken"? Tried google images and couldn't find it.

I wish it were. I flew once in the F-111 with a pilot whose brief to his wingman was, "I don't want to hear anything from you but 'Two,' "Bingo,' or 'Mayday,'"

There are only three things a wingman should ever say:

1) "Two"
2) "Lead, you're on fire."
3) "I'll take the fat one."

:rofl:

I wish it were.
It wouldn't be the first time I've laughed at something that someone else meant to be taken seriously. That really annoys them. :D

I know there are people like that out there but I still think the placard in the original post was meant as a joke...

I knew someone (not me) who said to another pilot (also not me), 'your switches are on THAT side (drawing imaginary line down the panel with finger)....mine are over here'. And they were quite serious.

I knew someone (not me) who said to another pilot (also not me), 'your switches are on THAT side (drawing imaginary line down the panel with finger)....mine are over here'. And they were quite serious.
A lot of SOPs delineate what switches are to be operated by the pilot sitting in the right or left seat. We use that more as a guideline than being possessive of our switches although I can see how some people might carry it too far. There are lots of SOPs like that are like that for crews just so that you can both be on the same page, especially if you are in a situation when you fly with a large variety of people like at an airline.

I know there are people like that out there but I still think the placard in the original post was meant as a joke...
I agree. Yet, there are still people who try to run their cockpits that way, despite all the accidents it has caused and people it has killed (most notably the Tenerife accident -- the deadliest aircraft accident ever).:sad:

I agree. Yet, there are still people who try to run their cockpits that way, despite all the accidents it has caused and people it has killed (most notably the Tenerife accident -- the deadliest aircraft accident ever).:sad:

There are different types of humor, Ron, and this particular placard deftly falls into all three classic categories: relief, incongruity, and superiority.

Where's the placard in "fake" german that says something like, "das buttons ist nicht gerfingerzpokken"? Tried google images and couldn't find it.

This one?

ACHTUNG!

Alles touristen und Non-technischen Lookens Peepers!

Das Machine control ist nicht für Gerfingerpoken und Mittengrabben. Oderwise ist easy Schnappen der Spriggenwerk, Blownfuse, und Poppencorken mit Spitzensparken. Der Machine ist Diggen by Experten only. Ist nicht für Gerverken by das Dumnkopfen. Das Rubberneken Sightseenen Keepen das Cottenpicken Hands in das Pockets. So Relaxen und Watchen das Blinkenlight.

Ghery;

Yah, das ist es. Danke.

Back