Coolest signature in my log book

Pinstriper

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Pinstriper
On Facebook the other day a "suggested page" popped up. Some Flying Magazine of some sort., at any rate it had Team VooDoo's P-51.. On my cross country I stopped at O41 and spotted an open hangar with race trailers out side and walked in the door and saw a Purple P-51 Mustang. They asked what was up and I told them I was on my XC and needed to us a restroom they asked if I had my log book and if I wanted them to sign it showing I was there.. I said sure and handed it over, so on one page in my book it has Team VooDoo in there.. Kinda cool I guess.

Coolest one I have is mine, which is also the coolest one others have too.

Coolest sig I have is my DPE.

Ditto. Frank D'Angelone. He is quite a calligraphist, and left a very nice memento of my successful private check ride.

Love VooDoo. About the only P-51 I'll say that about. Jealous :sad:

I guess I should've titled it "one of the coolest?" Oh well I think you guys get the point

I guess I should've titled it "one of the coolest?" Oh well I think you guys get the point
:D

Yeah - I know what you mean. The only sigs in my logbook are mine, my DPE, and many CFIs. Nobody really famous or infamous, yet.

On my XC, just for fun, I grabbed a business card off the desk of the FBO. It had the line guy's name on it, and the title "Master Fueling Technician" or something like that.

On Facebook the other day a "suggested page" popped up. Some Flying Magazine of some sort., at any rate it had Team VooDoo's P-51.. On my cross country I stopped at O41 and spotted an open hangar with race trailers out side and walked in the door and saw a Purple P-51 Mustang. They asked what was up and I told them I was on my XC and needed to us a restroom they asked if I had my log book and if I wanted them to sign it showing I was there.. I said sure and handed it over, so on one page in my book it has Team VooDoo in there.. Kinda cool I guess.

VERY COOL!!!!

And to matters worse.. I had no idea who VooDoo was.. Or that they were hangared there.. I don't follow any aviation racing and when I saw these race trailers I figured it was just a car race team at the huge hangar, all I knew was I had to pee and saw a walkin door to a hangar open.. After I got home and googled team VooDoo did I know how badass they really are. That plane is huge and it really was a treat to see it up close and them prepping it for Reno 2011. I landed there in August of that year if I remember correctly.. I'll have to look.

Ditto. Frank D'Angelone. He is quite a calligraphist, and left a very nice memento of my successful private check ride.
I got the exact same one. In 1990. Is he still around? Still a DPE?

My PPL check ride was signed off by Karl Harder at Lincoln, CA. Rumor was he flew for Pam Am before they were Pan Am. They named the field after him. Wonderful man.

Also have aircraft checkout in L-39 by the owner of the Patriots.....

As my brother would always say "proof"

You were at Yolo you goof, KDWA. Maybe you need to fly the Dreamlifter.....!

Don't feel bad. Two (yes two!) Falcons have landed at Davis and thought they were at Yolo. Next time stop by and say hi.

Lol!!! Yes I was!! Man I went digging for a pic I took that day but must've tossed it. Their hangar and trailers in the background and my rental Cessna.. Shoot I even looked it up on Google earth just now.. Yup it was Yolo! Oh well dementia is setting in at 50 lol!!!

And to matters worse.. I had no idea who VooDoo was.. Or that they were hangared there.. I don't follow any aviation racing and when I saw these race trailers I figured it was just a car race team at the huge hangar, all I knew was I had to pee and saw a walkin door to a hangar open.. After I got home and googled team VooDoo did I know how badass they really are. That plane is huge and it really was a treat to see it up close and them prepping it for Reno 2011. I landed there in August of that year if I remember correctly.. I'll have to look.

I "have" a Voodoo. Smaller, but I can afford the fuel :)

Attachments

• photo (20).JPG
    photo (20).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 12

Attachments

• Photo_050810_001.jpg
    Photo_050810_001.jpg
    332.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Photo_081609_001.jpg
    Photo_081609_001.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Voodoo1.jpg
    Voodoo1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
ALL PEANUTS. I have the most famous pilot signiture in my logbook, Jesse Angel.

That's right, he was crazy enough to fly with me and more than once :lol:

Back