Cool or bull?

Skyrys62

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Meet the Fokkers
This guy claims he flew a DA40 and drew this pic of a DA40 on the map.
Is it cool or is it bull?

r57p23pj1cmz.jpg

Spend a lot of time doing the sketch then determine the lat/longs and it's not big deal other than making sure ATC understands what you are doing. Boeing's done this many times.

Hmmm....never been banned by LightSpeed. Might have to give it a go. :D

Seems a waste to me. Why not fly somewhere instead of "drawing"? Each to their own.

Last edited:
This guy claims he flew a DA40 and drew this pic of a DA40 on the map.
Is it cool or is it bull?

r57p23pj1cmz.jpg
Seems like it would be easy enough. Plane, transponder, RNAV and autopilot. Don't even really need an autopilot. Plot out the route and push the buttons. Ya gotta be able to get the plane in the air of course. Getting it back on the ground is desirable

That's pretty cool! As someone mentioned above Boeing does this on a large scale every now and then, pretty cool to see it on a smaller scale

I'd say it's pretty cool. I liked the one Boeing did a month or two ago across the US.

I always liked the one the SR-71 did. But it was pretty straight, and I guess boring...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Seems like a waste of gas,each to their own,however I like it

WTF! Why me huh!

Didn't 6PC do something like that awhile back?

Hey, I only stop by every once in a while. I can't keep track of who's doing what with their peckerations.

Besides, how difficult would it be to draw a boobies radar track? Steep 360 deg turn to the left. Roll into a right 360. Done! (Bonus points for doing it directly over Dollywood)

One "benefit" of an ADS-B upgrade is you can draw pretty pictures on FlightAware and don't even need to get a code from ATC! :)

Besides, how difficult would it be to draw a boobies radar track? Steep 360 deg turn to the left. Roll into a right 360. Done! (Bonus points for doing it directly over Dollywood)

How difficult you say? Well I can hey pretty detailed so it could become difficult. But I do like the Dollywood suggestion.

You wish. That DA40 is still ranked number one.
It is always interesting how people from Texas attempt rewrite history and/or facts. (could not resist...)

Tim

It's interesting that vote tallies are being recorded when the rules state that voting only opens on oct 4.

It's interesting that vote tallies are being recorded when the rules state that voting only opens on oct 4.

No idea, I did not read the rules. I just looked at the ranking.

Tim

No idea, I did not read the rules. I just looked at the ranking.

Tim

I was just commenting on the fact that the site was already tallying votes...it wasn't meant to be any kind of a slam of your post...

Back